GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second year that we did not go to the Davis rally in Iowa and it seams by the reports from those that did go that it is most likely done. Instead of going down to Iowa we told a few friends about going to Lake Byllesby in Cannon Fall MN to camping and just hang out we had 31 people camping and another 6 staying in motels what a great weekend . If you are ever wanting to go camping and do not want to go far from the twin city's check out Lake Byllesby camp ground vary nice place clean bath room and showers vary nice camp host and not to far from some great riding areas .

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
My son and I showed up for the rally this year. Having missed it last year, i was very surprised by what I saw. Very few vendors, we left Saturday, and headed for one of the former vendors so my son could buy a new helmet. The vendor said he isn't going anymore. He said he was trying a rally in Wisconsin instead. My son and I are riding out to Glacier/yellowstone next year and we will make a pass=through of the Davis Rally on SAT. to see if it even exists anymore. Bummer.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Go to their facebook page and see what people thought about this years rally. We have been going since 1990 and never missed a year.
I heard about the big change coming and it sure did.
Gene and Lucies grand kids took it over this year.
Sure made a mess of what their Grand Parents build over the years.
Greed got to them.
Used to be $20 per person for Fri, Sat, Sun.
This year it was $25 for Fri and Sat. No Sunday rally.
Changed the entrance and camping. About 6 vendors there.
We drove over to it on Friday and saw the change, turned around a toured the country side to places we liked over the years.
Talked to a few people at the restaurant on fri and they were all done come too.
If they do try again next year, very few (if any) will be there.
As I stated above, go read their face book page comments!!

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
hhuuuuummmmmm.....nobody shows up and then wonders why it aint no more :nerd:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts