GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate it, but it will get dark around 5PM tomorrow night.

Don't forget to change your clocks "BACK" tonight. I wouldn't want any of you to get confused tomorrow, on your way to your Motorcycle event, church or wedding.

We know some of you do not participate. It is OK to be different.

This is a public service announcement from your local Amsoil Dealer.

Bulldog

·
Registered
756 Posts
Dawg is right....It is tonight.... An extra hours sleep to those of us who still have to work.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
It actually starts Sunday at 2am but people usually set their clocks back on Saturday night, before they go to bed.

Now here is an interesting point about DST next year. In the past, DST always started the first Sunday in April and ended the last Sunday of October.

From Webexhibits.org - On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday in March and end the first Sunday in November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to resume the 2005 Daylight Saving Time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.
Bartman

·
Registered
536 Posts
Actually Standard time starts on Sunday. Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday.

In any case, set your clocks back an hour and you'll be all right.
(Unless you're in Indiana. No one there ever knows what time it really is. :D )

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Bob said:
Actually Standard time starts on Sunday. Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday.

In any case, set your clocks back an hour and you'll be all right.
(Unless you're in Indiana. No one there ever knows what time it really is. :D )
You got that right. There are a couple counties just north of me who are really not sure just what time it really is :wink: :wink: They are still sending letters and starting petitions to get the time the way they want it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I wish they would just leave it alone !! And leave the current time as is.
It doesnt make a hill of beans to change it. I think I'll protest ! I'm not changing,...... Period ! ....... :no:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Yes, & I'm NOT happy about it. For the first time in over 30 years, we have to change our clocks. Oh sure, it'll be nice for it to get daylight earlier, but darkness at 5:00 pm really sucks. Thanks to our wonderful Governor, we have to be like everyone else now. :evil:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hummmmm...I always wondered why the term "daylight savings time" was changed from "daylight saving time"? After all you are "saving" daylight, not "savings" daylight. Just curious if someone might have a clue.
:sun1:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
actually we're not different after all we stay on "standard" time it's the rest of you that are different. welcome back to being standard. :D :D :D

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Every spring and every fall I wait, perched on the edge of my seat, ready to start the assault on all the time pieces as soon as.......yes as soon as Dawg gives the announcement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wish next year in March we could just move clocks ahead 1/2 hour and never change them again.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Means I have to work 13 hrs instead of 12 tonight. I had forgotten all about time changing untill I read the post. Good thing I did or I would have been really upset in the morning thinking my relief was an hour late. Thanks Bulldog.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
This will be the first time I've had to set clocks back in my adult life. For decades Indiana and Arizona were the only two states to pick a time and stick to it year round. Last year a new governor changed that after a lengthy campaign in which there was absolutely no mention of it whatsoever. Next, he effectively 'sold' our portion of the 80/90 toll road to foreign interests and, if that wasn't enough, he now has fireworks legal in residential areas until 10PM any night and midnight on holidays. Unbelieveable!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Now, why would they make it the SECOND Sunday in March? Why not the first, to make it easier to remember? For those of us with CRS, this just confuses the issue. Spring forward, fall back. You know, spring back, fall forward sounds just as plausible as the other phrase. They should just leave it on DST year round, so we get the extra hour of sunlight. :roll:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Please install new batteries in your smoke detectors also. This is a good time to do it. If anybody here heats there home via natural gas I would recommend getting a CO detector as well. All it takes is one small leak.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night and slept till around 8:00. It sure did feel good.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Having just retired, Im not on "John's Time"!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts