GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike Week starts a week from today. Does anybody want to get a bike week ride or meet up together. Post here maybe we can find a time that works for most people.
Wayne

·
Chard Member
13,044 Posts
Hey Stranger! I'll be over there once, maybe twice if the weather is right! :D Might be tough on this Old Guy to ride 400+ miles in a day.

If something becomes "a done deal" I will try to make it. If nothing else, maybe a few of us can get together for a meal. Maybe in towards the center of the state somewhere.

Take care.......

·
Registered
276 Posts
I live in Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona. If you guys get something together let me know!!

One recommendation on a place to meet would be the Gold Wing show in South Daytona on US1. I know the guy that runs it and I am sure he would let us join up at the tent he sets up for himself and crew.

Let me know...

Michael

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Wayne and Mike,
I will see you wherever the ride is.

Wayne, did you get the entire week off? I am only working Tuesday.
Roy

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roy,
Yes I managed the entire week off with work exchanges. Lets get together and ride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Next year.......... I promise , I promise, I promise :cry:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'll be down the last weekend (early Fri morning thru Sunday - couldn't get the whole week off :cry: ). I'd be happy to met anywhere, anytime. Maybe at Hal's booth?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to put this post back up to the top of the list. If anyone wants to meet up for a ride, lunch or both please post here.
Thanks again

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bike Week

Hey Wayne,
Just caught your post about bike week. I am riding over from the West Coast(Largo) on Sunday. I have an 11:00am appointment with TJ & The Boss @ the New Smyrna Airport(GWRRA gathering) to do some pinstripping on my BEAUTIFUL & FAST '03 Candy Red(you know the one) :shock: . Paint should take about an hour & a half. I will be riding over with a buddy on a '03 HD Ultra Classic(Nice bike) :roll: . Maybe we could get together for lunch. My buddy wants to check out a lot of the happenings so, probably won't get much of a chance to ride outside the city :( .

BUT, I will also be riding over on the following Saturday(Mar. 6) with the Mrs. She wants to do a little shopping. :idea: We have not had a chance to ride the "Loop". Maybe Red, Tom, Black Wing, FLwingnut1, tequilaroy, tiger-fl, corbitt799, WarBirdBob, you, me and anyone else could do a ride on the Loop and then do lunch?!?! You would have to find a lunch spot, seeing as to how you live over there. What about the place you guys went to for breakfast last year? Can't remember the name. Maybe we could all hook up at HDLs tent at the Mall.

Look forward to see you guys again,
Lenny

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good to me Lenny. Maybe Sunday afternoon after your appt. you could give me a call and we could meet for lunch and a short ride.

How about Hal's tent at 1:00 - 1:30 (that should give you enough time to finish the pin striping and travel on up to South Dayona). We could either eat at the Country Harvest lunch buffet right there in the same shopping center or take a little ride first and eat somewhere else. The restaurant at DeLeon Springs where we ate last year will be slam packed all Bike Week for sure.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Keep this post up to the top. Count me in, just let me know which day you are going (kinda confusing in the thread if you mean this Sunday or next week).

Michael
FLWingnut1

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mean this Sunday the 29th at Hal's tent between 1:00 and 1:30.
LennyS, myself, TequilaRoy and You are a good start.
I know there are some that won't be coming in to town until later in the week maybe we can get something together then too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bike Week

Hey Florida Guys,
Sorry if the schedule was a bit confusing. That would be this Sunday(the 29th) and Saturday(the 6th).

If you guys want to email me a phone number to reach you at, I will give you a ring Saturday(the 28th) afternoon or evening. Let me know in the email the best time to call. My email is [email protected]

By the way, Wayne, what year is your GSXR? I may have a little gift for you. Time and place(Country Harvest) sound good to me. Maybe we could treat Hal to lunch?

Anyways, looking forward to the next 2 weekends & meeting some great people.

LennyS

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lenny,
Its a 2001.
I've been sending PMs to those who have posted on this page. Can we count you in for this Sunday? Talk to you soon. I'll email you my cell # again.
Wayne

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Not sure if I will have alot of ride time....

I am planning to do a one day trip down on Thursday 4th. I leave early in morning down and that afternoon to head back. Might be able to hook up for lunch or something, in between harassing Hal and Lewis and John. :D

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve just let me know I'd be happy to meet you for lunch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
GL1800GSXR1000 said:
Just wanted to put this post back up to the top of the list. If anyone wants to meet up for a ride, lunch or both please post here.
Thanks again
Just felt like this needed to go back to the top of the list. :D

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just saw the weather forecast for Sunday. It should be 75 degrees for our ride on Sunday.
See you then.
Wayne

1 - 20 of 24 Posts