GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody is going to Daytona Bike Week and riding the Wing to get there. I'm riding my Wing to trailer week :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll be going and parking bikes at Calvary Baptist Church on Earl St. and Peninsula in Dayton Beach. Right behind the Ocean Center. Great place to park while on Main St. and you'll be helping a church. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kjmoyer said:
I'll be going and parking bikes at Calvary Baptist Church on Earl St. and Peninsula in Dayton Beach. Right behind the Ocean Center. Great place to park while on Main St. and you'll be helping a church. Thanks!
Daytona is 950 miles or so for me and I hope it's warm down there when I get there. :) I know the weather that week can be cold or it can be warm. The last time I was at Daytona Bike Week it was 33 degree's on one of the nights and sorta cold all week long. It was nearly as cold down there at night as it was at home 950 miles to the north. The Saturday I left for home it was 83 degree's at 10am...man did I feel cheated that week :lol:

I'm making a note of the parking at the Church and park there while I'm visting Main Street.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I plan to be there and hope that there will be a lunch gettogether at the sunshine mall with the board members. Last year was good to put new faces with board names.

See ya there,
Glenn

·
Registered
454 Posts
GEE I'VE BEEN USING THE CHURCH PARKING FOR YEARS SINCE THEY MOVED THE POLICE LOT THAT I USE TO USE / LOOK 4 MY BIKE THE LAST PART OF THE WEEK (PROB FRI OR SAT) I'LL BE THERE

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
I'm loaded and ready for Trailer Week. It's a 165 miles over there. That would take me two days. I can do it in one day in the truck! :roll:

·
Registered
454 Posts
TRUTH IS I SEE LOTS OF PEOPLE FROM TAMPA AREA TRAILER THERE BIKES THERE / IF THEY WERE CAMPING I KINDA COULD EXCUSE THEM BUT THEY STAY IN CONDOS OR MOTELS / EVEN MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER CANT BRING ENOUGH THAT YOU CAN'T RIDE YOUR BIKE 150 MILES / I'M GOING TO WISC. THIS SUMMER FOR 2 WEEKS N I WONT NEED MORE THEN MY BAGS N THE PASSANGER AREA TO BRING EVERYTHING INCLUDING CAMPING GEAR / GUESS I JUST DON'T GET TRAILER WEEK

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I'll be leaving from NJ on 3/1-2 and staying in Ponce Inlet. Keep it posted about a lunch/meal at the Sunshine mall. I'll be riding if the weather is at all favorable.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'll be departing for my 11th annual trek from Tucson to Daytona & Back.

Usually take a total of between 10 and twelve days.

After all these years there are still many things that I haven't seen.

Hoping for good weather, but whether or not it will be a good time.

I plan to spend significantly more time @ the Speedeway this year.

Ed

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Red said:
I'm loaded and ready for Trailer Week. It's a 165 miles over there. That would take me two days. I can do it in one day in the truck! :roll:

Red
That's a nice looking trailer you got there :) The last time I went to Daytona it seemed that 1 out of every twenty vehicles or so where trucks with either a bike in the back of or bikes on a trailer all the way down I95. It sure pumps you up and makes the ride down there so much nicer seeing so many bikes going the same place you are going. It's the ride home that sucks :) I usually trailer down my cruiser when I go to Bike Week, but this year I want to experence it on my Wing.... besides I finally want to able to wear one of those patches that say "I rode mine" :lol:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Red said:

Red,
I thought you rode more than that for coffee in the mornings. :lol:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I think you could sell T- shirts at some of these rallies that says "If you can read this the bitch didn't fall off She is in the truck behind me with the trailer" :roll:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I won't have my bike in Florida, but I hope to be down that way for a month or so, including during Bike Week -- if so, then I plan to go over for a couple of days!!! Would be nice to have the bike down there, but I'll be lucky to get the car out of my place in late February (all driving lately has been in the Expedition).

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
ronbien said:
Red said:

Red,
I thought you rode more than that for coffee in the mornings. :lol:
I put 25-30,000 miles a year on my Wings.... in a trailer. I never said I rode them that far! ROFL.....

Did 360 miles for lunch today. Met another 50 bikes in north Fl for BBQ. Having a blast riding some longer days again. Didn't do too many 50 miles days this past summer. Crashing can really screw up your mileage total for the year! :(

Roadie... Thanks for the compliment on the trailer. That's a Chariot 9' Sled. I bought it new in '94. It has more than paid for itself. One man loading and the bikes ride super smooth in it because of the independent suspension.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I parked in the church parking lot last year and met kjmoyer. It beats fighting the crowded parking areas adjacent to Main Street.

Dave, let me know when you'll be here. I'm sure we can get "the crowd" together for a dinner ride.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Planning on leaving March 1st, right after work and driving down. Once I meet a few others, we then plan to make the trip to Key West for the first weekend, and drive back up and finish out the week in Daytona. Head home on Saturday or Sunday. Hope to see a few of ya all down there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts