GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2018 DCT into the Honda dealer today to get new tires installed. The dealership is just off the freeway. Got on the bike got on the freeway and the bike would not shift into second gear. Stopped on the shoulder. Turned the bike on and off. Checked settings. No change. Next off ramp nine miles. Not fun. Got home. Disconnected the battery ran clutch initialization procedure still no change. The check engine light is on the Tpms light is on and won’t shift out of first gear. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Hope I can fix it without towing it back to dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Please check to see if you accidently switched it to manual mode.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked not on manual mode. Switched back and forth would not paddle shift or shift automatically.

·
Registered
19,253 Posts
Take back to dealer who screwed it up. Have them pick up. Sounds like they screwed it up
WARRANTY WARRANTY WARRANTY

·
Registered
422 Posts
Take it back to the dealer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happy ending Hulkss was correct. TPMS sensor was bumped when they changed the tire. Dealer sent tech to my house. Adjusted sensor cleared all the check lights ran clutch initialization procedure. Everything seems back to normal. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had similar indications once from accidentally allowing the battery drain completely. It took riding a while after jump start to recharge the batt and then half a dozen starts and shutdowns. Each time the bike was shutdown completely (including electrical) a symptom disappeared. Last one to disappear was the check engine light.
Kudos to your dealer. The main Honda dealer in my town is AWFUL.

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
EddieM, are ya sure it was not the ABS sensor the tech adjusted on site. A damaged TPMS sensor would need the tire demounted to replace. Come to think of it, not evensure what adjustments are available to the ABS ring.

prs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts