GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DCT Initialization Procedure will not complete. The first time I had it on the center stand but the tire kicked out the piece of wood I had under it so I put it on the side stand and tried again. I have tried doing it four times. The last time it ran for over 15 minutes an still did not complete. What gives? I had just rode it for over 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
First of all, lose the wood. Just use the parking brake. Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after 30 seconds. Also it is important not to take too much time connecting the shorting wire.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally go it to work. I had to do it about 10 times. What a temperamental bike.:yes:

·
Registered
834 Posts
In no way am I saying it was operator error, but it is easier to do while sitting on the bike. That way the tire will not spin.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe the oil was too hot. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
When I did it the first time it took several times because certain things would time out. Once you get it to work it will go much better on subsequent tries.

·
Registered
471 Posts
DCT Initialization Procedure will not complete. The first time I had it on the center stand but the tire kicked out the piece of wood I had under it so I put it on the side stand and tried again. I have tried doing it four times. The last time it ran for over 15 minutes an still did not complete. What gives? I had just rode it for over 30 minutes.
I believe if you had been sitting on the bike with the side stand up, the first time would have been successful.
It seems that the wheel moving during the first procedure kept subsequent tries from finishing correctly.
I am glad you got it to work.
Your auto downshifts should be a little smoother now.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
In no way am I saying it was operator error, but it is easier to do while sitting on the bike. That way the tire will not spin.
That's how I did ours.

Stop on the side of the road and run procedure while sitting on bike.

Both bikes successful on first attempt.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a note in the service manual that says if the process does not complete properly to repeat it. So apparently Honda knows it may not always work the first time.
You got that right. It took me almost an hour to get it done. But after doing it I cannot hear or feel it changing gears.

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
There is a note in the service manual that says if the process does not complete properly to repeat it. So apparently Honda knows it may not always work the first time.
c'est la vie

prs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts