GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to park dct with escapade trailer on hill with only parking brake or should scotch, thoughts please

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
I would not take the chance

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would have a scotch but only after I put wheel chocks in place. Not sure I would trust the brake with the trailer hooked up to the bike.

Beagle

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What does a trailer have to do with it? It shouldn't roll down a hill with you and a passenger on it and the parking brake set and two typical corn-fed GWers weigh more than the trailer by a long chalk. If it does the brake needs adjustment.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What does a trailer have to do with it? It shouldn't roll down a hill with you and a passenger on it and the parking brake set and two typical corn-fed GWers weigh more than the trailer by a long chalk. If it does the brake needs adjustment.
Man has a point.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I think the park brake is weak. Maybe you would break your brake.

prs

·
Registered
2019 Darkness Black Goldwing DCT (1800BD)
841 Posts
What you guys talking about?? "scotch??"

Rayjoe
I think he meant chalk. A wheel chalk.

They're used so you can figure out where your bike or car rolled to when the e-brake lets loose. You follow the line of chalk left by the wheel chalk.

Reactions: rayjoe

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Wheel chock behind trailer tire. Wheel chalk is what the police use to time your parking. Scotch, makes all your troubles seem less so for a while. Then the problems might become bigger if you exceed the chalk time, for having /too much scotch and/or remembering to use your chocks too late. Your welcome.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Dang, I ran out of scotch last week... or was it the week before?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts