GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that every time I read a post about a problem it is on a DCT model? Is this true? I own a non tour with standard and I've been very satisfied.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just remove the filter to search for "DCT problems" and you will see all other problems :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Not every problem is DCT, but quite a few. You can pretty much read any forum on any vehical and find any form of automatic transmission is the weak point of anything that has one. More complexity=more problems. More complexity=very difficult to repair if/when problems do crop up. Simply the way it is. Sorry for anyone that buys one that does have problems. Anyone that buys one and it works it's great til it does have problems, and it will sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Not every problem is DCT, but quite a few. You can pretty much read any forum on any vehical and find any form of automatic transmission is the weak point of anything that has one. More complexity=more problems. More complexity=very difficult to repair if/when problems do crop up. Simply the way it is. Sorry for anyone that buys one that does have problems. Anyone that buys one and it works it's great til it does have problems, and it will sooner or later.
hahaha old school thinking ! Oh and what about the reverse problems on the manual. Oh and all the other issues blah blah blah. Every brand out there the same ; just go on their forum.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my 2018 Tour DCT, it just seems I have to get used to how it works and what is the best gear for the road I am on.
I have noticed that when I put it in Manual, I can manually shift it into a higher gear earlier than if I had it in Automatic. That really comes in handy in Sport Mode, since I can keep the engine RPM's down when riding and still have that great power. Mechanically, no problems and it rides great. I am getting 48mpg in Tour, which is what the bike says, it may actually be different comparing miles driven to gallons used.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
2018 No Problems. I agree with Traveling Man, most seem to be operational issues because the transmission is new to the rider.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
18 months and nearly 15,000 miles...ZERO problems.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Fluke's back with DCT doom-saying. Knew it would happen sooner or later. (n) That's his thing.

I ride a 2018 Tour manual and ride with a guy who's got a 2018 Tour DCT with 11K+ trouble free miles on it. The DCT "problem" posts on this board are generally Rider Error. And the good folks on this board post the solution to their "problem".

·
Registered
599 Posts
Come on guys, this is just obvious trolling. If the OP isn't Fluke in disguise, he has at the very least just been added to Fluke's Christmas card list! :D

Let's not give in to the temptation to have another thread about how GW DCTs are horrifically unreliable despite there being no actual evidence of, well, any unreliability whatsoever!

·
Registered
14 Posts
2018 and not a single issue. Perhaps the op would like to list a couple of the obvious multitude of “well known” issues he’s having to read through on here.

·
Registered
338 Posts
But isn’t that true of ANY new tech?
Are you still running solid tires to avoid flats?
18,000 trouble free DCT miles.
just saying.
Ride a bicycle, no engine problems, ever..
C

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Because the DCT outsells the manual by many times over.....
Local dealers will not even stock a manual, they will only order them....because almost everyone that comes in wants a DCT

More bikes more posts.......logic?
As far as problems, doubt it has anymore trouble than a manual......even it if did, the awesome fun it provides the rider would far outweigh it.

Zero issues on my 2019 DCT here......LOADS of fun though, if that's considered a problem? (y)(y)(y)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts