GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some time with Dan last night at the hospital. An examination of the non-working parts using Barium on Monday revealed no leaks or blockages which was good news.

Yesterday they started giving him liquids, like soda and water and juices. He also had jello and a popcicle.

Last night the combination of juices, liquids and barium left him with the need for the bedpan about every 5-10 minutes. I know, TMI.

The medical people say that he's getting around so well with the walker that walks can be cut back for now. They've showed him how to swing the cast on his left foot with a broken left pelvis.

Apparently the intestines shutting down is not that uncommon with pelvic trauma. Melissa said that every case is different. Some people have taken up to 12 days to get back to normal.

Keep those recovery prayers and checks coming.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That all sounds painful & slow. :(

I really planned on being back to my white collar work within days after
an unforeseen MC wreck. I don't have extra employees to cover my
duties. Call me cheap. I like the extra money for owner distributions.

I pray DDKing heals fast. He is in my thoughts. I hope I don't ever have
that unforeseen wreck.

Here is to an incident free Wingstock :beer3: (that is ice tea in the mugs)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Glad to hear that all things have passed (haha) and You are on the way to your complete rcovery! Just keep your head up and keep on keepin on as the song says! My thoughts are with you and yours.

KCButch

·
Registered
309 Posts
I called his room last night and Dan ws sleeping. His wife says its gonna take time. She led me to think that calling Dan to cheer him up would be good for him. He is a damn good guy.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Tube is out of his nose and the I.V. is out of his arm; he's pooping enough that he's on real food.
No PT sheduled yet; he'll mend at home first.
They'll let him out as soon as #2 becomes firm again...

Sorry about the TMI but this is a reality check.
Dan's a big strong guy with very good riding skills. This is what can/did happen to the best of us.

Melissa is a SAINT for attending to him so well. What a great lady.

Here ya go Dan, motivation:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Tube is out of his nose and the I.V. is out of his arm; he's pooping enough that he's on real food.
No PT sheduled yet; he'll mend at home first.
They'll let him out as soon as #2 becomes firm again...

Sorry about the TMI but this is a reality check.
Dan's a big strong guy with very good riding skills. This is what can/did happen to the best of us.

Melissa is a SAINT for attending to him so well. What a great lady.

Here ya go Dan, motivation:
Either Dan and Bill are real big guys, or the rest of ya'all are real short. lol. Get well, soon, Dan!

·
Registered
696 Posts
ddking

here's hoping for speedy recovery

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Super news Bill.

Rock on Dan, Being home will be great and will speed up the recovery. Wishing Dan and Melissa the best. Melissa better polish up that saints medal, this will be the test :) .

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dan Glad to hear your going to be home today. Call me when you feel up to it. If you don't have your numbers handy you get mine from the web site. www.bikersblock.com Ilook forward to hearing from you Danny boy and I am very happy that it wasn't any worse and that your still with us. Here's to you and a speedy recovery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts