GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m starting the process of removing much of the chrome trim off of my 94 1500SE. I hope that some of the members of the forum have a few pieces laying around gathering dust. The color of the parts are not important, since I plan to eventually paint the wing Metallic Black.
The parts I’m looking for are for both the Left and Right sides.
Upper and lower moldings
Mirror bases
Mirrors
Windshield accent (Large piece below the windshield)
Molding plugs
Front fender covers (Mine disappeared)

I don’t have much cash to put into parts, but I’m willing to negotiate.
I appreciate any help you can give me.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
let me look tonight I might have the mirrors

·
Registered
336 Posts
Removed parts

Rich, I might be interested in some of the removed parts if you decide to get rid of them. Just let me know. I have just purchased a 1990 Wing and will be looking for some of these items I believe. You can pm me through the board or e-mail me at Nehi41at aol.com. Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had a few requests. 1 lower molding has a damaged screw hole, the other side has a broken tab. The left mirror trim is broken on the bottom. I do have pics of the broken parts if anybody want to see.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just FYI, the windshield panel accent was not necessarily aftermarket chrome. The earlier models used two pieces up there, but in '95 they went to the one big chrome piece from the factory like you have on your '94, so someone upgraded it. Anyway, you won't find a replacement one-piece that's not chrome. So you may as well paint what you got if you want it black.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Check e bay

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured I could paint the front, I didn't know it was originally a 2 piece. The PO tried to convince me it was a 98 when I bought it. What do you expect, he was an RV salesman (they lie!!)

I've been following a few parts on Ebay, I just need to start collecting.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts