GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pick up my 09 1800 from the shop and the key was left in the on position for 24 hours killed the battery. The shop gave me a new one.
Besides installing a new battery are there any other issues that might pop up from leaving the key in the on position till it kills the battery?

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Went to pick up my 09 1800 from the shop and the key was left in the on position for 24 hours killed the battery. The shop gave me a new one.
Besides installing a new battery are there any other issues that might pop up from leaving the key in the on position till it kills the battery?

None besides sending the battery to an early fail by not replacing it. How many dealers have done this and recharged it and passed it on to the customer?.:smile2:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You may have to reset the capacitors in the CB radio If you have one, this is done by disconnecting the battery neg cable (for 10 seconds or so) after you have run the bike and with a fully charged battery other than that don’t know of anything else....

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
A dead battery / disconnected battery will result in loss of programmed radio stations, CB settings, etc... esp. turns back on that annoying "Roger Beep" on the CB... everything goes back to factory defaults. All of that will have to be reset per your preferences.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts