GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what dealer in the puget sound area has the best reputation and or technicians for working on GL1800's. Just upgraded to an 1800 and need some recall work done, have had a 1500 for 8 years and did all the maintenance myself and never used a dealer for repairs.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
573 Posts
John,

I haven't had any work done there, but I bought my Wing from Hinshaw's Motorcycles and they are down in your neck of the woods. I was very please with the sales staff and their shop looked top notch.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Take a look at South Sound Honda, just of I-5 close to Puyallup exit. I was only there a couple of times, but the wrenchs were pretty checked out.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
That would be South Bound Honda (about Lakewood) or South Sound Honda (in Olympia). Same great owners, same perfect service, same warranty authorization.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Quickdraw said:
That would be South Bound Honda (about Lakewood) or South Sound Honda (in Olympia). Same great owners, same perfect service, same warranty authorization.
No doubt...these guys are top notch!

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Everett Power Sports has a very good service department. Cedric ,there main Goldwing tec. is one of the best in the Puget Sound area. And right now there is a 15% dicount on labor,through the end of Jan.
**** :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ask for mechanic John Smith at Hinshaw Honda in Auburn. He has been there about 20 years and has worked on my Wing and my biddies Wing. Did good for us.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hinshaw's

·
Registered
234 Posts
Along the same lines; has anyone had any experiece with the Service Dept. at Steel Dreams? They are handling Honda sales now, just wondering if anyone has given them a try.
I second ****'s recommendation of Cedric at Everett Powersports for the northend.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
KC said:
Along the same lines; has anyone had any experiece with the Service Dept. at Steel Dreams? They are handling Honda sales now, just wondering if anyone has given them a try.
I second ****'s recommendation of Cedric at Everett Powersports for the northend.
I've been in there a couple times.Once for the service on the brake system(sorry,can't remember exactly what that was).No problem there.

The second time to try to get my battery replaced under warranty(less than 2 years old)
They would not replace the battery under warranty.

In talking to people that have dealt with them more than I have,I hear mixed feelings

·
Registered
27 Posts
Puget Sound Dealer

I would say South Sound Honda; Olympia store is a bit larger than Lakewood's, but same high service level. I have not had to have anything major done with my 05 so can not speak to that. Do like the parts/sales and service guys I've spoke with though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts