GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the road for most of the month. Last Friday I was in Glen Rose, Tx , about 60 miles se of Ft.Worth,Tx. I discovered that I had a leaking front valve stem with less than 1800 miles on it. I called Honda Kawasaki West of Ft Worth. I told them that I was traveling and 400 miles from home and asked if they could help me out. I rode the Wing up there. They were waiting for me with the work order filled out awaiting my signature.
I went to the sales floor where they had a good supply of new and used Wings, F6 Baggers, a new Valkyrie, and a couple of Trikes. They paged me to the Service Dept. They had me back on the road in less than 40 minutes. That is Excellent Service!!

Dale

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Good to hear that!!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but there's only 1 dealer like this in 20.
The trick is sometimes we all get lucky.

Anyone know the hourly service rate for Goldwing dealerships these days in your state?

I had my reverse switch replaced last week here in Wisconsin on my '03 at a Honda dealership and
they get $100.00 a hour.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Anyone know the hourly service rate for Goldwing dealerships these days in your state?

I had my reverse switch replaced last week here in Wisconsin on my '03 at a Honda dealership and
they get $100.00 a hour.
IMHO $100/hour is quite fair. Good labor ain't cheap.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Awesome :thumbup:. When I hear dealer stories like that, I try and support them whenever Im in the area, even if its just an oil filter. We need to try and keep the good dealers around.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
IMHO $100/hour is quite fair. Good labor ain't cheap.
It's not outside the ballpark. I think our local dealers charge $95 an hour. $105 on watercraft. When you're stuck in the middle of a trip, they could rape you and you would ask for seconds as long as you're back on the road.:shock:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Awesome :thumbup:. When I hear dealer stories like that, I try and support them whenever Im in the area, even if its just an oil filter. We need to try and keep the good dealers around.
Yeah...... so all you weekend wrenches with tons of tools that can do major maintanence on your GL1800 at home........STOP IT.....LOL

·
Registered
5,922 Posts

they get $100.00 a hour.
Good to hear about the good ones though don't ya think, Sunshine.
;)

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

they get $100.00 a hour.
I don't buy that. I think that most dealers are willing to help an out a traveler. They may not always give bargain prices, but most will help you get back on the road.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

they get $100.00 a hour.
I ride in the rain all the time. I might have saved a few bucks by riding on an under inflated tire for 40 more miles on the freeways of the DFW Metro Plex but I was happy not to have to do it.
Plumbers are expensive , too , but if you need one bad enough ......

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
It's great when folks post about good service either when on the road or supporting their local dealer. :thumbup: Too often all we hear about are the horror stories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts