GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One local dealer here says he DOES NOT do any frame racalls or welds. Is this possible? Will not even look at it as it was not bought from him.

Another dealer will do the recall and also weld even if it doesn't need a weld.

Dealer 100 miles away only does visual inspection unless deemed needs welds.

What are my options here? I was under the impression that most were rewelded to be sure. I have looked and it looks ok.

TIA,
Eddie

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Only with the 03 model year was the lower crossmember welds rewelded regardless. With the 01, 02, and early 04 models, the lower crossmember welds were inspected using a weld gauge. If the welds didn't touch the weld gauge then it should be rewelded.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Evidently Honda has very little control of their independent dealers. The one I bought my wing from also refused to mess with the frame recall. Honda customer service would only agree to help me find a dealer who would help with the recall. Was forced to take it to another dealer 60 miles away. Bought locally and paid extra so I would have some one local to do any required repairs. Had also bought a 98 Valk Tour from same dealer. Had problems with it also but I felt the mechanic was the cause of the problem with poor service and he left so tried the dealer again for the wing. That was a mistake. Will never darken the local dealers door again.

I don't understand how dealers like him can stay in business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts