GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously posted about how I could not unlock my saddlebag with the key, it was an actual emergency when I needed to do it.
So, I drop it off at the dealership to get the key issue resolved. The next day, the service dept called and said the bike is fixed. I go to test the key, but it still doesn't work! The mechanic pulls the bike back in and tries to fix it while I wait. About 30 minutes later, the Service writer tells me the mechanic can not get open with the key AND the electric switch! WTH? So, since he was not able to open it, he takes a Holesaw and drilled a big hole to open the left saddlebag!!! I was livid! Now, I have to wait to have it warranted, plus new saddlebag components. They are telling me at least a month before I can get my bike back!
This is the most perfect weather in Las Vegas right now and no bike! They should give me a loaner on this one. Do dealerships give out loaners???

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
In this case I would make them give you a loaner, they caused the damage!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
On a positive note, he didn't use a stick of dynamite to open it! 😆

That is ludicrous, what form of rational thinking justifies taking that action on a customers bike? I would contact Honda corporate......he caused the downtime and a lot of u necessary damage.
There has got to be a way to access the linkage without doing that.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I would be livid!! That tech had no right to do that to your bike without you permission, that I'm sure you would have not given. I would demand a loaner immediately AND contact mother Honda on this dealerships practice. That would be the last time I would visit that dealership also and inform as many people that you know how they take care of customer bikes.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag
2,640 Posts
First off,
WHY did it malfunction? Was there ever a presented reason for the failure of the electronic side of opening it ever revealed? Second, yes, I too would just demand the bike back and put some colorful duct tape, decal, somewhat matching vinyl wrap, ANYTHING to patch it up so you could ride. There is absolutely NO REASON THE BIKE MUST STAY AT THE DEALER while they're waiting for parts. And, there is absolutely no reason the bike can't be ridden with a patched side bag cover. Yep, patch it, RIDE IT.
Scott

·
Registered
308 Posts
I previously posted about how I could not unlock my saddlebag with the key, it was an actual emergency when I needed to do it.
So, I drop it off at the dealership to get the key issue resolved. The next day, the service dept called and said the bike is fixed. I go to test the key, but it still doesn't work! The mechanic pulls the bike back in and tries to fix it while I wait. About 30 minutes later, the Service writer tells me the mechanic can not get open with the key AND the electric switch! WTH? So, since he was not able to open it, he takes a Holesaw and drilled a big hole to open the left saddlebag!!! I was livid! Now, I have to wait to have it warranted, plus new saddlebag components. They are telling me at least a month before I can get my bike back!
This is the most perfect weather in Las Vegas right now and no bike! They should give me a loaner on this one. Do dealerships give out loaners???
You can remove screws on the bottom of the bag and get it open if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 non Honda motorcycles for now...maybe a 2022 Wing soon
2,451 Posts
I'm not big on legal action, but I think I might consult with an attorney on this one if Honda corporate doesn't make it right. Was it a Mom & Pop shop or one of the big corporate dealerships? A well written letter to the right people can go a long way to fixing the issue.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts