GL1800Riders Forums banner
61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
IMO, unless it's close to life-or-death--eg my child's epipen is in there and there's a bee heading that way--nothing so gloriously and mindlessly destructive should be done without a phone call and authorization.
For me, I do not believe there is any such thing as an emergency. There are life and death near emergencies, generally speaking, you should know Jesus because your time is here.

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
For me, I do not believe there is any such thing as an emergency. There are life and death near emergencies, generally speaking, you should know Jesus because your time is here.
I'm pretty sure when a mother in my parking lot as a pediatrician has locked her kid in the car by mistake and it's 110° outside as it often is in the Sun during the summer here on the West Coast of Florida that constitutes an emergency. I'm pretty sure Jesus would want somebody to take whatever device possible and break the window to save that kid's life. Maybe it isn't the place here but please don't tell me that you think something other would be true.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm pretty sure when a mother in my parking lot as a pediatrician has locked her kid in the car by mistake and it's 110° outside as it often is in the Sun during the summer here on the West Coast of Florida that constitutes an emergency. I'm pretty sure Jesus would want somebody to take whatever device possible and break the window to save that kid's life. Maybe it isn't the place here but please don't tell me that you think something other would be true.
We agree, pop the window, cut a hole in the bag and move forward... By the way, I have opened a car window with a baby inside. My agency did not pay the bill to replace the window in the car the owner did. We are on the same page just saying it differently. By the way, if you are 15 minutes away from any kind of help and you have your femur artery cut, you need to know Jesus.

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
We agree, pop the window, cut a hole in the bag and move forward... By the way, I have opened a car window with a baby inside. My agency did not pay the bill to replace the window in the car the owner did. We are on the same page just saying it differently. By the way, if you are 15 minutes away from any kind of help and you have your femur artery cut, you need to know Jesus.
you are SURELY correct about the femoral artery situation (and a few other vessels)
that would be a terrible thing, of course
glad the owner paid that bill... saves lives
no one wants to have to break a window

·
Registered
180 Posts
A new Darwin Award winner.
Not really. Darwin Award candidates are those that remove themselves from the gene pool. Typically through death but some have won through extraordinary means of self sterilization. This mechanic still has the ability to procreate and work on bikes.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Yall seem to forget about all the posts concerning g the side covers coming off while driving down the road on the older gens. So Honda redesigned so it won't happen. And now y'all bitchin about that. GEESH FOLKS, and y'all so quick to sue. LIGHTEN UP AND GO RIDE...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
On a positive note, he didn't use a stick of dynamite to open it! 😆

That is ludicrous, what form of rational thinking justifies taking that action on a customers bike? I would contact Honda corporate......he caused the downtime and a lot of u necessary damage.
There has got to be a way to access the linkage without doing that.

A stick of dynamite. Excellent !!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
......................and here we go AGAIN boys and girls................

What is the name and location of this dealer ?? We've been down this road several times before.

We WANT the names and location of ALL the dealers/shops, good AND bad. You're doing all riders a disservice by not telling the names of these shops.

We WANT to know both. The good and the bad. Hello ?!?!?!?!?

I just don't 'get' hiding some of the facts. In THIS case, the dealer.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
......................and here we go AGAIN boys and girls................

What is the name and location of this dealer ?? We've been down this road several times before.

We WANT the names and location of ALL the dealers/shops, good AND bad. You're doing all riders a disservice by not telling the names of these shops.

We WANT to know both. The good and the bad. Hello ?!?!?!?!?

I just don't 'get' hiding some of the facts. In THIS case, the dealer.
Good and bad dealerships are generally a matter of opinion......

·
Registered
10 Posts
I previously posted about how I could not unlock my saddlebag with the key, it was an actual emergency when I needed to do it.
So, I drop it off at the dealership to get the key issue resolved. The next day, the service dept called and said the bike is fixed. I go to test the key, but it still doesn't work! The mechanic pulls the bike back in and tries to fix it while I wait. About 30 minutes later, the Service writer tells me the mechanic can not get open with the key AND the electric switch! WTH? So, since he was not able to open it, he takes a Holesaw and drilled a big hole to open the left saddlebag!!! I was livid! Now, I have to wait to have it warranted, plus new saddlebag components. They are telling me at least a month before I can get my bike back!
This is the most perfect weather in Las Vegas right now and no bike! They should give me a loaner on this one. Do dealerships give out loaners???
Ive got a number 866 784 1870 This is American Honda Powersports Customer Relations Ask for Pat!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
On a positive note, he didn't use a stick of dynamite to open it! 😆

That is ludicrous, what form of rational thinking justifies taking that action on a customers bike? I would contact Honda corporate......he caused the downtime and a lot of u necessary damage.
There has got to be a way to access the linkage without doing that.
Well, he did say it was an "actual" (is there any other kind) emergency so maybe there's more to the story...glad mine has levers under the top trunk in addition to the key fob to open everything

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
6,882 Posts
Well, he did say it was an "actual" (is there any other kind) emergency so maybe there's more to the story...glad mine has levers under the top trunk in addition to the key fob to open everything
Even in an emergency, unless the motorcycle owner is unconcious or otherwise unreachable, no one should ever take such destructive action without direct authorization. What that mechanic did borders on crazy.

61 - 80 of 131 Posts