GL1800Riders Forums banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I previously posted about how I could not unlock my saddlebag with the key, it was an actual emergency when I needed to do it.
So, I drop it off at the dealership to get the key issue resolved. The next day, the service dept called and said the bike is fixed. I go to test the key, but it still doesn't work! The mechanic pulls the bike back in and tries to fix it while I wait. About 30 minutes later, the Service writer tells me the mechanic can not get open with the key AND the electric switch! WTH? So, since he was not able to open it, he takes a Holesaw and drilled a big hole to open the left saddlebag!!! I was livid! Now, I have to wait to have it warranted, plus new saddlebag components. They are telling me at least a month before I can get my bike back!
This is the most perfect weather in Las Vegas right now and no bike! They should give me a loaner on this one. Do dealerships give out loaners???
Sounds like a phone to a lawyer is in order. That’s nonsense

·
Registered
45 Posts
I previously posted about how I could not unlock my saddlebag with the key, it was an actual emergency when I needed to do it.
So, I drop it off at the dealership to get the key issue resolved. The next day, the service dept called and said the bike is fixed. I go to test the key, but it still doesn't work! The mechanic pulls the bike back in and tries to fix it while I wait. About 30 minutes later, the Service writer tells me the mechanic can not get open with the key AND the electric switch! WTH? So, since he was not able to open it, he takes a Holesaw and drilled a big hole to open the left saddlebag!!! I was livid! Now, I have to wait to have it warranted, plus new saddlebag components. They are telling me at least a month before I can get my bike back!
This is the most perfect weather in Las Vegas right now and no bike! They should give me a loaner on this one. Do dealerships give out loaners???
Which dealer? So I know which one not to go to. I'm guessing RideNow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First call....Mother Honda

Second call......your attorney.

(Granted....attorney probably wont be able to get anywhere. But, he can rattle some cages and make them spend lots off time dealing with the matter ...losing money they might have made doing other things. OTOH....he might just get you the whole job free gratis, and maybe quicker since the dealer thinks they've got you over a barrel at the moment.)

Third call....find out which TV station in your area has a community aid desk. Nearly every market has at least one TV station like that. Most of them love this kind of thing....you tell them how you got screwed (photo or video proof always needed) and they can go out and embarrass the crap out of the dealer on air. The dealer gets a bad rep.....you get your problem fixed or at least partially paid for...and the station gets good PR for helping the poor downtrodden biker out of a jam.

....sT
If, it is RideNow, they have a pretty bad rep here already. I have on open recall on my '08 and I refuse to let them work on it. At least they're stepping up and taking care of it, but damn, I'd be super pissed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in the Las Vegas area. Please tell me the dealer that did that so I will never have them touch my bike. RideNow on Boulder or Rancho??
For sure! Them and Carter are the only Honda dealers here. I'd put money on RideNow for being the culprit. I've heard tons of horror stories about them and their "service dept".

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
OMG!

Well, I guess you could install a custom cup holder in that.

Ridiculous!

·
Registered
502 Posts
That picture has to go to Honda Corporate!! That is just crazy!!!

Reactions: n9frp

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Are they going to replace the lid that they destroyed? Did they even tell you they were going to do that? Without your permission they are liable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Are they going to replace the lid that they destroyed? Did they even tell you they were going to do that? Without your permission they are liable.
Service told me after this was done to the bike. I would have liked to have known beforehand. It is going to be covered under warranty. It has been there for over a week already. Service is waiting for approval from Honda to order parts.

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
@fredcraddolph JMHO, call Maw Honda California and start a trouble ticket. That will document the incident based on the situation. This will usually get the local (Honda Service District Representative involved). The district rep has the muscle to get things going much better than the Honda dealership. Honda America cooperate office in California contact number can be found in your owner's manual. You will get an assigned case number as the reference (problem) you are experiencing. That situation you find yourself in sucks. I had to deal with American Honda, and they settled my complaint to my satisfaction. Remember, the saying "in life, you will have more success if you go about things with sweetness than with acidity." not saying that you have not exercised this point thus far.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Service told me after this was done to the bike. I would have liked to have known beforehand. It is going to be covered under warranty. It has been there for over a week already. Service is waiting for approval from Honda to order parts.
WHY did you leave it there?? They have no right to keep your bike ,just because they made a hole in the plastic. Duct tape will do to cover it, until they can replace the door.

Someone at that Dealer needs a fire lit under them.
You posted this issue on. may 7th. Parts should of been order the same day.

Them cutting a unauthorized hole in the saddlebag door IS NOT A Honda Warranty issue!!.
The Dealer owns that Blunder!!

I Highly Doubt Honda Techline told them clowns to use a hole saw on your door without YOUR Permission!!

Where is Paul Harvey when ya need him??.

Name Names. What is the Name of this Dealer??

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
In the 21-years of existence of this forum…….this pretty much tops every other dealer story I’ve ever heard.

Nice clean hole though….. :oops:
Any Trike installer might have take-offs available just lying around.

Reactions: remoandiris
81 - 100 of 131 Posts