GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great ride. I will have to put this one back in the bucket to do again. Bought a brand new camera, so I don't have the settings correct yet. Its a little fuzzy in some spots but you get the jest of the ride. I left Thursday and came back on Monday the 4th. GPS stats were 46 hours moving time @ around 2700 miles.

Deals Gap 2011 031.jpg

http://youtu.be/KoK0Dtk0Mrw

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Very nicely done video! Yep, there's a couple of rides around this nation that are worth putting back in the bucket for sure. Never been to DG but on my wish list.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
We can never find good places to ride down here.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here ya go! Very nice video... and I loved the music! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoK0Dtk0Mrw

I was there on Satuday, July 2nd. I must have just missed ya! :)
We really did miss each other with you coming out of Arlington.
I tried to post my video like you just did but couldn't figure it out. I've done it before but couldn't remember how.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great video. What kind of camera are you using?
I bought the Canon Elph 100. This allowed me to do several things my other camera couldn't do.
It allowed me to use a larger capacity SD card. My other could only go up to 2 GB.
I'm able to download directly to my iPad in high def while on the run. No need to carry a laptop.
Also able to edit in iMovie, which is really really easy to do. All my videos's were done and down loaded to YouTube from iPad.
My only problem is it's trying to focus any and everything it gets it's lens on. My have that problem solved, won't know until maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I bought the Canon Elph 100. This allowed me to do several things my other camera couldn't do.
It allowed me to use a larger capacity SD card. My other could only go up to 2 GB.
I'm able to download directly to my iPad in high def while on the run. No need to carry a laptop.
Also able to edit in iMovie, which is really really easy to do. All my videos's were done and down loaded to YouTube from iPad.
My only problem is it's trying to focus any and everything it gets it's lens on. My have that problem solved, won't know until maybe this weekend.

How are you linking to your iPad? You editing on iPad 1 or 2?

Did you consider getting it out from behind your windshield? Might kill some of the focusing issues and would definitely eliminate the shield reflections and visible edge on the left side of the frame.

Love the road. Hope to make it out there one day..

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pulling my 8 GB card from the camera and using a card reader to tranfer to my Ipad 2. For my mount I'm using a Ram Mount off my handle bars. Its about a 4" extension. I wish I could mount somewhere else but I need to be able reach camera to turn on and off.

Card reader.jpg

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm pulling my 8 GB card from the camera and using a card reader to tranfer to my Ipad 2. For my mount I'm using a Ram Mount off my handle bars. Its about a 4" extension. I wish I could mount somewhere else but I need to be able reach camera to turn on and off.

View attachment 14687

Put it on your helmet.. LOL.. (Look at my avatar..)

I was considering a bar mount but was looking for a 6 inch extension (at least) to get away from the windshield..

I'm also working on a tripod head mount so I can mount to the bike and still keep the ability to pan..

I keep a battery charging in the map pocket and just let the camera run.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Looks mighty fine!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Good stuff!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts