GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this video of an SV1000 rider enjoying Deals Gap/Route 129. He takes many corners at 45-60, and I saw the speedo hit 90+ at one point. Too fast for me. Watch for the oops near the end.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
That's crazy!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Check out this video of an SV1000 rider enjoying Deals Gap/Route 129. He takes many corners at 45-60, and I saw the speedo hit 90+ at one point. Too fast for me. Watch for the oops near the end.
The operative word is highlighted in red.

There is a challenge in everything we do, for me although I try not to do anything extreme during the day, I accept the challenge of making it to my recliner in the evening and enjoying a glass of wine. lol :lol:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Oh yah that was great to watch
glad I don't have the brains to go that fast
Enjoy life too much

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Can a Tenn trooper give him a ticket based on that video?:eek:4:

·
Registered
295 Posts
What caused the oops?

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
A very skilled rider on a great machine. How cool is that? :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Does not surprise me. The very first time I rode the dragon I was running at a respectable clip on my FJR. A few guys on crotch rockets that I later found had racing slicks went by me like I was standing still.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Looked like he knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
a pretty good run,looks like he spun the rear tire on that corner,best I could tell it was a 11:30 total run,not to shabby but not close to the real fast guys

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
It looks like he was doing it right (i.e., not stupid fast) and having a good time in the process.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Obviously he doesn't care about his life nor does he care about other peoples life. As long as he is happy the hell with everyone else. This could easily ruin someone day. How would you react if he is coming at you with that speed?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Obviously he doesn't care about his life nor does he care about other peoples life. As long as he is happy the hell with everyone else. This could easily ruin someone day. How would you react if he is coming at you with that speed?
that guy coming at me at that speed?i would have no issues what so ever!!!

I have had goldwings coming at me on that road going the speed limit in my lane because they cant ride"insert any bike brand here"

speed does not make you unsafe,going slow does not make you safe,,,,,,knowing how to ride makes you safe

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
That guy has pretty good riding skills! I wouldn't ride the gap at that pace.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
More skill set than I ever had or ever will. I envision me on some of those corners :eek:4:, especially the one I low-sided on one time.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Boys will be boys!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
that guy coming at me at that speed?i would have no issues what so ever!!!

I have had goldwings coming at me on that road going the speed limit in my lane because they cant ride"insert any bike brand here"

speed does not make you unsafe,going slow does not make you safe,,,,,,knowing how to ride makes you safe
knowing how to ride makes you safe....can't say it any better

1 - 20 of 166 Posts