GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what
could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My
wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask
their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always
walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has
gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went
berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep
down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out
again and I decided to really check on her.

I decided I was going to park my motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike, that I noticed that the valve cover on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Man! That story was like a Tooth ache!
It felt so good to end it that it caused a good laugh.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, yeah, sorry about your oil leak. Nobody should have to
deal with those tough ones like that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well Bob, at least while she is gone you can have more time riding by yourself. Lots more fun doing the twisties over on Hwy 19 sout of Herman. Hee Hee.

I'm just about 30 miles up the road and would be glad to help with that "fake" oil leak. (We all know Hondas don't leak)

Good laugh.

Hope to see you on the road sometime.

Come to the "W" meeting sometime.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well Bob Kinser

The first thing you will need to do is ask your wife strait up. ARE YOU HAVING AN AFFAIR ? It's best to be honest and up front in any situation.
Second Check to see if He's paying any of YOUR bills or rides a 1800 Black Goldwing first. We wouldnt want to upset that situation.
I would suggest making little hints that you think it would be nice if the mortgage was paid every month or another note like the wing payment.
You might want to check and see if the other man is a friend of yours. He might me chargeing you to take care of those unsitly wifie duties so you can ride more.
In closing. Not all bad news is bad. Theres a silver lining behind every dark Wing.
Abby

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
make sure its leaking first, try 48 states in 10 days just to b sure

·
Registered
19,069 Posts
Bob Kinser said:
Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what
could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me.

The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My
wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask
their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always
walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has
gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went
berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep
down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out
again and I decided to really check on her.

I decided I was going to park my motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike, that I noticed that the valve cover on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Thanks,
THIS IS AWFUL. STAY CALM. First things first. Is your bike in warranty? If so take it to your dealer. If not, you have to confront this problem head on or matters might get worse. Then decide is you want to handle the oil situation or you might consult an expert. Your local Honda dealer.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sounds like the guy who routinely rode his motorcycle, at the same time, EVERY Saturday morning, until noon, regardless, of how bad the weather was.
One Saturday, the cold rain was especially severe, so, after a half hour of indecision, while standing in his garage, he reluctantly returned inside, and crawled back under the covers, in bed, with his wife.
He exclaimed aloud, "Boy, the weather is really bad". His wife, lying on her side, with her back toward him, replied, "Yeah, and to think, that my stupid husband is out riding his motorcycle, in it."

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did someone say this "guy" was riding your...your ...BIKE? Well HELL no don't take that, man...time to take action... :duck:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts