GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather was nice, the sun was shinning and the temperature was in the 40’s. Yip Steve and I got out for a 110-mile ride today. His Yellow may be more easily seen, but my Candy Red lead most of the time. It felt nice to be riding again, been about a month. Tomorrow is forecast to be nice again and we may take advantage of the break in the snowstorms to again get out and ride.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
It does feel good to be able to get out and ride. Where you are an where I am (IN) it feels good when you can get out in Dec. Jan. Feb. and get a little ride. I rode yesterday and today both. So far in Dec. I have been lucky enough to ride on four different days. It helps keep the batteries up and by filling the tank each time it helps keep the gas fresh...... :) :eek:w1:
This afternoon we got this :rain1: and tomorrow we might get this :snow1: So I guess I might be done again for awhile. I IN. they have to put down 2in. of salt for every 1/2 in. of snow. :evil: . They really overdo it........

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
We have so much salt on our roads, that they are white.

I had to hold Dr, Rob in a headlock today. He wanted out of the stable.

Bulldog

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salt kills the plants and the water table, but you can't let it kill a good ride this time of year. Just have to do a good job of washing after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts