GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6:15 PM Ems called to deer strike by motorcycle. Subject is 25 yo male. Sheriff officer arrives to find a compound fracture to ankle. Time now 6:50 PM. Ambulance on scene. This is the same road I take daily to/from work. This is the season!!!!!! RIDE SAFE. BE ALERT.

·
Registered
123 Posts
csherrill Where in this HUGE state are ya.

·
Registered
123 Posts
tvbveb Let's play charades, (snake charmer)? West Texas

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct!
Hwy 2034 in Coke County. 35 North of San Angelo. This youngster has a compound fracture of his ankle. Not sure if he is a local yokel or not. I travel this road daily. Many standing, some not. I have counted 50+ on one occasion and this road section is approx. 17 miles from Hwy 87 to cutoff to my home.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
There are Deer in this part of Texas all year round, and in the evenings and at night you have to be on the look out. I have seen them in the middle of the day also around here. I have the Fog lights set high and wide to cover the sides of the road. Deer are just a way of life in this part of TX. The BIG Problem now is the PIGS. Now those little basturds are hard to see and blend into the roadway. I have heard that there is an open season in this area on the pigs, and legal to shoot from the road, that isn't confirmed yet though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This same stretch of road has pigs also, and they come at you fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts