GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had a problem getting items from Wingstuff.com? I ordered a spoiler on 5/20/11 and they sent on the order status that it will be 5 to 7 day delay. So I called them after 13 days and they checked and said it would be 6/30/11 before it came in. It is now 7/2/11 and no spolier has been sent. I sent them a email and the reply was they have ten on backorder. I asked to have the owner call me so they sent me a email saying it will be the end of July before it will come in. They should not list anything on there site if they are unable to get it.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Has anyone ever had a problem getting items from Wingstuff.com? I ordered a spoiler on 5/20/11 and they sent on the order status that it will be 5 to 7 day delay. So I called them after 13 days and they checked and said it would be 6/30/11 before it came in. It is now 7/2/11 and no spolier has been sent. I sent them a email and the reply was they have ten on backorder. I asked to have the owner call me so they send me a email saying it will be the end of July before it will come in. They should not list anything on there site if they are unable to get it.
Good luck with that one. I think they all take orders for what they don't have.

BTW, did you read their return policy? If not, you should.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I've had an item on order with them since May 2. Unfortunately it's the suppliers fault. In this case its Electrical Connection that has a backlog and can't supply enough of the product. Last week WS updated their anticipated delivery to 6/30. I called EC two days ago and they told me there was no way that W/S would be filling my order on 6/30. I guess they would be the ones that know since they haven't shipped any of the product to them. Well, the date has come and gone and no notification that its shipping. If I was PO'd I'd cancel the order but I still want it. Guess all I can do is wait and be patient. At least I haven't been charged yet.

For the most part, I've got no problems with them, availability of their merchandise, or their shipping. They've been as good if not better than most. They all have their bad and good days, even HDL.

·
Registered
27 Posts
FWIW I ordered a spoiler from Honda (came with the new Wing deal) two weeks ago and the parts guy said they have several on "back order".
I also have a fog light mod harness on order from WS and it is supposed to be shipped in late July. Sounds like that may not happen on time.
I guess I may have parts arriving all summer. Oh well it just gives me more time to ride.
Tracker

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If it's the one on the west coast they take forever it took me 6 weeks to get one of theirs. Now days you never know where they are getting stuff from with all this drop shipping that goes on.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My last order was delayed didn't have in stock 2nd time for me too.??? Direct Line has came threw for me very helpful great fast service.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have been waiting a month for a tee shirt, they e-mailed me and said it would be here on 6/30 and that didn't happen.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've been waiting 71 days for the EC Haloz lights. No end in sight. EC has been of absolutely no help to me when I called them, they have never answered a single email either so all I can do is wait. I don't blame Wingstuff for the delay.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I just ordered a new V Stream Windshield from them (Wingstuff) on Wednesday and got it yesterday- Thursday.
1 day from Calif to Wisconsin!!!
Also ordered a trunk light which came in the same box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I shop at Wingstuff a lot and have had everything from quick delivery to backorder delays. On average I've had good service though.

Ordered my spoiler from Motor55 and was very pleased with the price and delivery.
http://www.motor55.com/

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
If we take a moment to think about it, no modern retailer could have the necessary storage space or the operating capital tied up in inventory required to stock multiple copies of every item they sell. Every retailer I know of and certainly all internet retailers sell from catalogs and order as needed.

Wingstuff has provided excellent service to me on several occasions and their custmer service has been polite and helpful when I have called.

HDL does not and can not carry all the OEM Honda parts they sell either. I broke an OEM mirror and it took a couple of weeks to obtain it from HDL. No problem, they told me up front how long it would take. HDL also provides excellent service.

I like both.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Doesn't matter who you order it from, it the supplier is out of stock you won't get it soon. In 08 I ordered a spoiler for my 08 Titanium Gold Wing. I ordered it direct from road trip essentials. They told me they were not painting any Titanium parts for a month. So I had to wait. I have ordered stuff from Wingstuff and HDL and have had fast service from both but if they don't have the parts in stock they can't send them. I have known Rick, the owner of wingstuff for about 20 years, everytime I go to his shop he takes me on a tour of his facility, every time it gets bigger and bigger. Their mail order/Internet sales department is BIG, they fill a big UPS trailer everyday with orders. He showed me a room with bins upon bins of just T-shirts of different style and colors, he showed me racks of Kury stuff he bought in big quantities just to get a price break.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Six or eight months ago, I had ordered an EC Ipod Interface from WingStuff and it had been on back order for quite a while. Finally, I called WS to get a status and they told me they couldn't give me a delivery date with any degree of certainty. I asked them what they would do if they were me and they said "I'd cancel the order". Can't blame WS and don't blame EC. I'd rather EC have too much business than not enough. No matter the line of work, its hard to project how much product you need on hand. A real juggling act.

Two days ago, Rick called me out of the clear blue to let me know my order I had placed a day or two before was about to ship and I guess, just to shoot the breeze. We don't know each other from Adam. He is a very interesting guy and asked if I'd give him some feedback on a product that I was about to recieve. He also mentioned that getting ready for Wing Ding had them scrambling and stretched pretty thin.

While I had him on the horn, I asked him about a product that I'm interested in that they have "shut off' or blocked on their website and flagged as "on back-order". Rick explained that the manufacturer is having troube getting components for their products from Europe and it has them and subsequently WS bogged down on deliveries. He said he didn't want to accept any orders as most customer don't like to wait. I told him I wanted one and didn't care if I had to wait six months for it. While I was on the phone with him, he turned the item "on" on the website to let me place an order to get on the backorder list and then, shut the item back off to orders. Rick comes across as my kind of people.

I like instant gratification on parts and accessories as much as the next fellow but sometimes you just have to wait to get what you really want. There have been times when I knew exactly what I wanted but couldn't get it quick enough to suit me and therefore, opted for my second choice because it was available only to regret it shortly thereafter.

To me, both, DLP and WingStuff are an asset to our community and hobby.

Z

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
I have bought a few things from Wingstuff and have had no issues. Any supplier can experience back orders. Believe me-they want your money. If delivery times don't meet your expectations -cancel the order

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
When you order stuff, sometimes it does take awhile. Part of the game.

Normally things are sent in a timely manner, most of the time.

I have found DLP and Wingstuff both to be very fair and accommodating if there is some mix up, or problem, they will work through it for you.

Sometimes stuff is simply not available due to a supplier. Or maybe the things that supplier needs are also a hold up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts