GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my Bushtec Quantum GL Grand GT rig from Bushtec HQ.

Very professional staff, comfortable waiting area while Sam installed Bushtec hitch. A five star process all around.

Rode up from Ft Lauderdale to Jacksboro- took two days. I stayed in Knoxville, but the local hotel with the Lamas does look appealing.

I made it to Columbia, SC on way home with the new rig. About 350 miles. What a joy. It's true- you cannot feel it behind you. It does affect the lean angle a bit but I think I am nervous and am over thinking it.

I do suggest installing the electronic air compressor for the shocks from Electrical Connection. I had to adjust four times today alone. Pumping by hand would have been a bummer. The electric pump is remote controlled.

Clearly this trailer has been thoroughly engineered. No bounce, no sway, hitting bumps in the road at any speed does not affect the roll. It has amazing storage inside.

I decked it out, but much of the additions are personal choice, not necessary.

I do highly recommend this brand of trailer if you are in the premium market.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
:congrats: I went to there shop to pick mine up too but it was just over 2,500 miles one way- if you trailer is leaking air need to look at it- I have 03. the only time I put air in is when I start my trips.

·
Registered
595 Posts
....I do suggest installing the electronic air compressor for the shocks from Electrical Connection. I had to adjust four times today alone. Pumping by hand would have been a bummer. The electric pump is remote controlled....
Unless you made significant changes to the weight you were carrying in your trailer you should not have needed to adjust the suspension. If you didn't make changes to your load I would think that your suspension is leaking air and in that case you might be wise to turn right around and head back to the factory for repair.

·
Registered
326 Posts
New Trailer

FOODDMN,

Congrats on your new trailer.

Where is the pic?

Now you will be stopping @ every garage sale.

txs, F

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shop explained that while breaking in the first 500 miles, the suspension needs subtle air adjustments- in part due to the Aero wing- it creates down force on the trailer thus pushing the camber of the wheels in. I think I need to establish how to start the setting (camber) before I ride- Camber changes at different speeds.

The price was just under $7k all in. I did ma out on the accessories- many you cannot see inside.

I will shoot some more pics when I get home, with the good camera, not my Blackberry. attached is a shot on way home in NC.

It is SO NICE to take the weight of my stuff out of the side and trunk bags and place into the trailer. The bike feels totally different then when it is loaded down.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
N-i-c-e

Good looking rig.:congrats:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I think the person who gave you that story about downforce from the Aero Wing was pulling your leg. I am not an engineer but have been assured that downforce created by an air wing will require more speed than you are generating.

B

·
0 Posts
I took delivery of my Bushtec Quantum GL Grand GT rig from Bushtec HQ...
You will love it. Here's mine in the same spot as yours.

Here we are on the way to Alaska - absolutely no problems.

10,000 miles and I had to keep looking in the mirrors to see if it was still back there.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice looking rig there !!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think the person who gave you that story about downforce from the Aero Wing was pulling your leg. I am not an engineer but have been assured that downforce created by an air wing will require more speed than you are generating.
I don't know if it's the spoiler doing it or not, but the wheels on my Quantum GL will be in at the botom stopped or at low speeds and will be perfectly upright at highway speeds. That's how John and Andrew explained it to us when we picked our trailer up last year. Works ever time. Congrats on a great trailer. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours. One of my wife's (vertically challenged) favorite things is being able to walk up to the very front of the trailer and reach to the floor due to the lid opening to a straight up position. One of my favorite things is it looks great! Oh, yeah, and it pulls great, and it's got lots of room, and the cooler, and the garment bag. Did I mention that it is great looking? Many, many, many happy miles ahead of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts