GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum. Did not see a couple of days ago
Only two from De.??:thumbup:
Trying to figure out how to reply to Boots and Saddles.What is your location??

TOM

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Frank, et. al. I'm a little late, but I'm checking in. Maybe the other few will find us soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roadie A group of us go to C W almost every Sat for donuts and coffee. Come on down when weather warms up. We usually take a ride afterwards. We love to ride rt 9 from DAFB to De city. for ice cream.

Tom:chat:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
9,599 Posts
I take a ride to Chrome World more than a few times every year. I got to stay away though because it always costs me money everytime I go.... but I still go :lol:
I love riding rt 9. One of the nicest roads to ride in the state. Delaware City is only about 8 miles from me. I would like to take you up on that ride when it gets a bit warmer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi folks
technically i am in md, but rising sun is darn close to de.

made a few trips on my 1500 to chrome world..spent a bunch of $$ getting the bike up to my standards...now, I just picked up an 02 yellow 1800, so there will be some trips , no doubt

since i just found this forum, thought Id drop in a hello
rod

·
Registered
68 Posts
Skip I am only 14 miles south of you.Cannot believe I havent seen your side car. I have a CSC trike. Maybe when tge weather warms up.

Tom:coffee1:
TOM CAT,

Sorry for not responding to you a few weeks ago. As you can see, I don't check in here often. I live in Greenwood but work in PA. That's probably why you haven't seen me down your way! ;) Most of my travels are north. I see Frank (Roadie) regularly at Hooters in New Castle during the spring/summer/fall months. And I try to hit ChromeWorld a few times a year. But like Frank, they have a way of vacuuming your pockets when you go there, so I have to limit my visits. ;) I'll keep an eye out for you as the temps rise!

·
Registered
189 Posts
another delaware computer dumbass

Hi, name is Mike and i live in Hockessin which is 8 mi west of Wilmington on the Pa. state line, been riding since '59, yeah i know i'm a old fart, ride almost all looooong distance, ride with my ol'lady and dog, dog is housebroken and well behaved, ol' lady ain't(can you tell she doesn't look at this thing). Anybody going to Americade this year? Never been their but going this year, want to go? Will be heading west from there, no schedule, no particular destination, just as long as it is in the Rockies,
KEEP YOUR KNEES IN THE BREEZE
MIKE

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Frank, Thanks for the compliment, i will say the same about yours, mine looks o.k. now, just waiting for the chrome to rust more so i can paint it flat black, i aint into polishing but once a year, it gets in the way for my sex,drugs and rock&roll time, i think i might have talked to you one day at the WaWa on 41 in hockessin, i had just gotten back from our trip to Alaska and we discussed the gwrra chapter here, told ya one of the dudes told me i too ''ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES" and they probably would not welcome me because i did not wear a helmet 100% of the time, boy, i am still heartbroken over that, for awhile there it was touch and go, thought i was going to have to end it all, i was that tore up but i got over it, just went to Helens sausage house and that made it all better again, anyway thanks for the reply, it's 60 here now and i am going to take a ride to Lancaster to clear out the cobwebs, oh, you did not see any (lol) on my post, figure if i have to explain it, it aint worth saying, lifes too short not to have a sense of humor, and i always try to make at least 1 person laugh.
HAVE A GREAT REST OF YOUR LIFE
MIKE

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Moonlite,

I like your rig. Something seems very familiar about it! :joke: I've got a mirror I've been planning to put on my sidecar, but it's just another one of those things that's still a couple of years in the making. I envy your long distance travels. Unfortunately I haven't had the time nor funds (at least not at the same time) to get out much. Most of my miles are commuting miles between Greenwood, DE and West Chester, PA. Coincedentally, my last big trip was to Americade a couple of years ago. I'd like to make it again, but it's highly unlikely I'll do it this year. Lately, my son and all of my funds have been going to the University of Hawaii!

I haven't seen many rigs like ours around these parts. Maybe we can hook up at Hooters when they resume Bike Night. Ride safe!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello again to all. I do not check this board often as you can tell. We are a diverisified group. I see one valkerie.two side cars and I have a CSC trike. No matter what we ride we are in it fior the fun.Been riding since 84 second time around.We have visited 44 of the as I say the original 48. Missed Nebraska by 8 miles ??Been very close to North Dakota and Louisiana.Just had a senior moment cannot remember the other one. We've been to California twice all over the west and still have not come close to seeing it all. I am a little old for Hooter's,( hard on your heart)Still enjoy a cold one once in a while.There must be more people in De and nearby areas.

Tom :p

·
Registered
24,623 Posts
Not all that far down the road Tom. Like the rest, I too try to limit the Chrome World trips, but would be happy to catch up with some folks if a ride is pulled together.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wheel's I follow the Md. board. When it warm's up my S O and I would like to join you for a weiner run . We do not work in the summer and have time to play. I under stand De. chapter B and others are going to have a trike get together the latter part of May in Easton Md. I will let you know the details as soon as I get them

TOM :yes1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.