GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - :?:

I have been reading posts by various users of these radios and how to connect them to the the 1800.

I would like to know what the functional differences are between them are and if one is "better" than the other, given the type of use it will be subject to.

TIA,

Woody
'03 Black
Bellevue, WA

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
since size matters, the roady is so much smaller. can be tucked away in a number of places.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
The Roady is only slightly larger than a deck of playing cards. No separate control box, or expensive base units to purchase.

The SkyFi requires a separate Base unit everywhere that you plan on using it. For me, that would have required the purchase of 3 additional base units (at about $50 each, depending on where they are bought). The connections on the Roady are on the side of the unit. There are three... power, antenna, and output. You plug directly into them.

On the SkyFi, the connections plug into the base, then the reciever plugs into the base.

Here's a picture of my Roady, on the bike.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Good link and discussion Jon, hadn't seen that before. I'm sure the Roadie owners are enjoying their set just as much as I am my Delphi SkiFi and in the end we all have different likes and preferences. I use my SkyFi everywhere I go and in four different places so I really appreciate the quick portability and mobility probably more than any other feature aside from XM itself. Haven't determined a negative or con about it yet.

DaleC

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I really can't take credit for that one Dale, but you're right - it's almost like asking "Which brand of oil is best?"

• As long as you use it properly, it's all good
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts