GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Denver from Sunday July 3 thru the 16th, Please give me advise on roads to ride and places to eat, things to do. What is there to see for the 4th? Thanks, I am riding in from Tampa fl and looking to put some miles on my new 2010 so do not be shy about areas to see if you think they are worth going to.

·
Registered
166 Posts
check out this site

This will be my first year to miss out of the last three, but awesome rides and great people, you can also check out the archived rides from years passed. Most definitely need to go thru Independence Pass and also ride the highest paved road in the States...Mt. Evans at 14,514. Durango to Ouray, Rocky Mt. NP...the list goes on...
There site lists the rides for this year and years passed. But if you have the time you should definitely run-up to Cody, WY., onto Chief Joseph Hwy, thru Beartooth Pass (the pass is open but some of the snow is 20' high by the road), to Red Lodge, MT. and back down to CO.

www.coloradovtxrangeriders.com

Have fun, I leave with the wife and friends next Wednesday, to NM.,
SW CO., N AZ., UT, ID, MT & Glacier NP, Red Lodge, MT., Devils Tower, Deadwood/Sturgis/Mt. Rushmore, SD., & haul butt home across the flat lands.

Ride Safe and Ride Long!

·
Registered
18 Posts
This will be my first year to miss out of the last three, but awesome rides and great people, you can also check out the archived rides from years passed. Most definitely need to go thru Independence Pass and also ride the highest paved road in the States...Mt. Evans at 14,514. Durango to Ouray, Rocky Mt. NP...the list goes on...
There site lists the rides for this year and years passed. But if you have the time you should definitely run-up to Cody, WY., onto Chief Joseph Hwy, thru Beartooth Pass (the pass is open but some of the snow is 20' high by the road), to Red Lodge, MT. and back down to CO.

www.coloradovtxrangeriders.com

Have fun, I leave with the wife and friends next Wednesday, to NM.,
SW CO., N AZ., UT, ID, MT & Glacier NP, Red Lodge, MT., Devils Tower, Deadwood/Sturgis/Mt. Rushmore, SD., & haul butt home across the flat lands.

Ride Safe and Ride Long!
This will be my 9th year to be there. :) Good to see you. I used to be AMS Medic but not a medic anymore. :)
Great ride and neat people. I recommend it. Joe

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I just got back and I live in Lakeland. wife and I put 5270 miles on our 08. We were south of Denver but you should go see the Great Sand Dunes, Monument Valley (John Wayne movies) and Durango is a beautiful tourist trap.

Rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got into denver last night, put 1058 miles the first day with a sleep in in St Louis and then did the rest 891 miles on Saturday. Went to Katie Mullen's Irish pub and watched a live band, put down some irish beer Kilkenney's, not bad.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Well if you're hanging in Denver proper then be sure to check out the 16th St mall.

http://www.downtowndenver.com/Life/WhattoDo/ShoppingDirectory/16thStreetMall/tabid/232/Default.aspx

It's a mile long pedestrian walking mall with a free shuttle running the whole length.

Great place to people watch after a long days ride.

I like Boney's BBQ on Champa and 16th, hidden underneath the McDonalds on the corner.

As far as foothill rides you might try Pleasant Park road off of 285 in Conifer. It will turn into the High Grade road and drop you down onto 470 and Kipling / Wadsworth in the S.W. corner of Denver.

How far out from Denver do you want to ride?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be going thru Estes on Monday and then down to Buena Vista for a day of white water rafting with my daughter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts