GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was able sell my 2018 Goldwing this weekend and a very nice guy from Florida flew up to Virginia to take ownership. I met him at the airport for the transfer on Monday. I sold the Wing for a few different reasons, retirement earlier than anticipated (financed), wife no longer desires to ride, and it is more than I need for my riding.

I may buy a smaller bike as a replacement but at this point no decision has been made. My right elbow is getting surgery in the next 5-6 weeks so there is no hurry. I was looking at maybe a Honda CB1100 or Kawasaki Z900RS, I like retro.

It has been a great pleasure to interact and share thoughts over the years. I doubt I will ever have another Wing but anything is possible. I plan to stay engaged but experience tells me the interest dwindles on most occasions after a hobby escapes. Thank you for the experiences. Be safe!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good luck.

Tell the guy that bought it to pm me about joining our Florida group "the Florida Prowlers" for some rides and get togethers. We would be glad to have him join us.

Sent from my G9 PRO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Best to you in the coming days, months and years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Enjoy any new bikes you buy. There are a lot of very good motorcycles on the market now days.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I did leave out that my house was hit by lightening Saturday and my attached neighbor lost everything. Her side of the duplex is gone from the fire, I just have a lot of smoke damage. I literally rode the bike out of the garage while the firemen were pulling hoses.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like you are due for some good luck - wishing you the best.
Just because you are no longer a wing owner, you still have friends on this site. Chime in and keep up with the group. We need sage advise.
Jim

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Best of luck. Check out the Triumph retro bikes

·
Registered
561 Posts
Guys, I was able sell my 2018 Goldwing this weekend and a very nice guy from Florida flew up to Virginia to take ownership. I met him at the airport for the transfer on Monday. I sold the Wing for a few different reasons, retirement earlier than anticipated (financed), wife no longer desires to ride, and it is more than I need for my riding.

I may buy a smaller bike as a replacement but at this point no decision has been made. My right elbow is getting surgery in the next 5-6 weeks so there is no hurry. I was looking at maybe a Honda CB1100 or Kawasaki Z900RS, I like retro.

It has been a great pleasure to interact and share thoughts over the years. I doubt I will ever have another Wing but anything is possible. I plan to stay engaged but experience tells me the interest dwindles on most occasions after a hobby escapes. Thank you for the experiences. Be safe!
You don't have to leave the group. Also if the guy from Florida that bought your bike is reading this, please pm me. We have a VERY loose group here in FL that always welcomed new members to join us for a meal.

Sent from my G9 PRO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Sending you all my best. you need it, my goodness, what a time of life you are having. it is good that you have a plan to get something else. Enjoy and share here for us to learn from. (y)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Once a Goldwinger.....always a Goldwinger.....Glad you had a chance to enjoy the new Wing....Go forth and prosper

1 - 17 of 17 Posts