GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I plug the 3.5mm auxilary plug in the left pocket into my radar detectors audio output jack shouldn't the detectors audible alarm cut in over a headset or the external speakers??? It doesn't.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The wing has a stereo female plug

The detector has mono output. They do make a mono to stereo adaptor (Radio Shack). I tried the above set up and it did work but had some buzz feedback though.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Teaser 1 said:
If I plug the 3.5mm auxilary plug in the left pocket into my radar detectors audio output jack shouldn't the detectors audible alarm cut in over a headset or the external speakers??? It doesn't.
I'm probably not quite understanding ...

The aux plug in the left pocket is connected the AUX button on the panel.
So what I don't understand is what do you mean by "cut in"
... so if you're listening to something like the radio then no, it won't cut in over that.

This is probably obvious but sometimes it's the little things
.... it will come over the intercom but it won't come in over the FM or AM radio since by selecting them you no longer have the AUX selected.

If you have AUX button selected you should hear whatever is connected to the AUX plug ...
is there a "test" button on the radar detector you can push while connected to the plug and the AUX is selected on the panel?

Have you tried plugging anything else in your your aux plug?
... can you hear it?

Dennis

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Teaser 1 said:
Give Kennedy Technologies a call and check if one of their wiring harnesses works on your radar detector. I have a Valentine One and my Kennedy harness blends my Garmin GPS and my radar audio all into with my XM and CB and works like a charm.

http://www.cellset.com/Motorcycleitems.html

DaleC

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Txs Dale,
Thats what I needed to know. That should do what I want to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts