GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all my years (and they are several) I have never dealt with a company with as good customer service as DFT provides. I bought my trike used in November of last yr. I have called them about some literature and they sent me a packet within a wk. I then called about provisions to mount a license plate and again received one machined by them within a wk. without asking for it. I had emailed them a couple wks. ago about my trunk leak just before losing power for 11 days. When my power was restored Friday, I had an email from Deb of DFT saying that she had been trying to call me but could not get through and for me to give her a call. I called today but Deb was out. When I told the gentleman I was talking to about Deb requesting I call her, he ask if he could help. I told him about my trunk leak and he said "I will send you a new gasket, what is your address". Again without requesting it. All this has been done with no charge.
While I am at it, I would like to also commend Charlie Shelton for all his willing input and help whenever he is asked and sometimes and even oftentimes volunteers without asking. The pleasant dealings with DFT and Charlie make me even more happy with my choice of trikes.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
It is nice to see a company backup their product and also find a dealer u can trust.

·
Registered
952 Posts
In all my years (and they are several) I have never dealt with a company with as good customer service as DFT provides. I bought my trike used in November of last yr. I have called them about some literature and they sent me a packet within a wk. I then called about provisions to mount a license plate and again received one machined by them within a wk. without asking for it. I had emailed them a couple wks. ago about my trunk leak just before losing power for 11 days. When my power was restored Friday, I had an email from Deb of DFT saying that she had been trying to call me but could not get through and for me to give her a call. I called today but Deb was out. When I told the gentleman I was talking to about Deb requesting I call her, he ask if he could help. I told him about my trunk leak and he said "I will send you a new gasket, what is your address". Again without requesting it. All this has been done with no charge.
While I am at it, I would like to also commend Charlie Shelton for all his willing input and help whenever he is asked and sometimes and even oftentimes volunteers without asking. The pleasant dealings with DFT and Charlie make me even more happy with my choice of trikes.
:agree:

-Dan

·
Registered
189 Posts
hi, always glad to hear when an american co. provides great customer service, i keep a list of all that have been commented on, good or bad, dft will good on the good list, hope they continue to provide good service, if i ever want to try a trike they will be my 1st call, wish i could say the same about my Hannigan s/c,they just plain suck, no more hannigans in my future, thanks for the post praising dft, more people should post on the good or bad treatment they recieve from stealers as it might just save a lot of aggravation.
HAVE A GREAT REST OF YOUR LIFE
MIKE

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
moonlite, what was the problem with Hannigan? I think you can see why I ask. Response appreciated. Doc

·
Registered
189 Posts
moonlite, what was the problem with Hannigan? I think you can see why I ask. Response appreciated. Doc
Hi doc, not to worry doc,my problem with them is not related to trikes, mine is a sidecar issue, i need a w/s for my s/c, they won't ship one,told me i had to come to factory in person to get it, that's a 1200 mi. ride for me, don't want to steal this gentlemans thread, thanks for the reply
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Hi doc, not to worry doc,my problem with them is not related to trikes, mine is a sidecar issue, i need a w/s for my s/c, they won't ship one,told me i had to come to factory in person to get it, that's a 1200 mi. ride for me, don't want to steal this gentlemans thread, thanks for the reply
mike
This is interesting and I am sure that others would also like to know more. Please share with us why Hannigan told you they would not ship the w/s to you? My experience with the company has been exemplary.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This is interesting and I am sure that others would also like to know more. Please share with us why Hannigan told you they would not ship the w/s to you? My experience with the company has been exemplary.
HI BEN,
I am sure the "story" will offend the many people who are always telling me of the exemplary service they have recieved, i used "their" reputation in my decision to buy a Hannigan, i have no doubt they have treated you and others fairly but they are all opinions based on their own experiences, i never had any reason to doubt those opinions until I had to deal with there customer service on a "personal" level and please keep in mind that it was not a warranty issue, the s/c is well past it's warranty period, most of the peole who have responded to me have all stated that their problems were either covered under warranty or should have been and they recieved "exemplary" service,mine was not a warranty or defect issue, i simply broke my w/s on my Alaska trip 2 yrs ago and needed a new one, yes i said 2 yrs., my $7000 sidecar has been useless for that long.
I realize i am rambling here and i do not wish to turn the best ''WING'' site i have found into a " war zone" or get a lecture about '' brand bashing" or to cause any harsh words to be exchanged, i know what i am talking about as it has happened on various other sites, i am going to contact the moderator of this site to see if it would be approbiate to "tell the story here'', i will say this one thing tho, i at no time was disrespectful to anyone at Hannigan and that includes Dave Hannigan himself, who by the way was supposed to get back to me over a year ago, i haven't heard anything yet. sorry for this rambling and apoligies to the gentleman who started this thread and also my spelling, i will check with the moderator or p.m. you.
have a good rest of your life
mike

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
HI BEN,
I am sure the "story" will offend the many people who are always telling me of the exemplary service they have recieved, i used "their" reputation in my decision to buy a Hannigan, i have no doubt they have treated you and others fairly but they are all opinions based on their own experiences, i never had any reason to doubt those opinions until I had to deal with there customer service on a "personal" level and please keep in mind that it was not a warranty issue, the s/c is well past it's warranty period, most of the peole who have responded to me have all stated that their problems were either covered under warranty or should have been and they recieved "exemplary" service,mine was not a warranty or defect issue, i simply broke my w/s on my Alaska trip 2 yrs ago and needed a new one, yes i said 2 yrs., my $7000 sidecar has been useless for that long.
I realize i am rambling here and i do not wish to turn the best ''WING'' site i have found into a " war zone" or get a lecture about '' brand bashing" or to cause any harsh words to be exchanged, i know what i am talking about as it has happened on various other sites, i am going to contact the moderator of this site to see if it would be approbiate to "tell the story here'', i will say this one thing tho, i at no time was disrespectful to anyone at Hannigan and that includes Dave Hannigan himself, who by the way was supposed to get back to me over a year ago, i haven't heard anything yet. sorry for this rambling and apoligies to the gentleman who started this thread and also my spelling, i will check with the moderator or p.m. you.
have a good rest of your life
mike
Hi Mike,

Hopefully the moderator(s) will permit you to tell the rest of the story. As I noted. I for one am interested. I had a minor emergency while traveling and Hannigan went the extra mile very late in the afternoon to make sure I received the needed part the next day.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
487 Posts
I also commend Charlie Shelton. He was very helpful when I was researching trikes. His great information and willingness to answer questions kept DFT high on my list for the duration. In the end I chose a different kit, but I am sure I would have loved a DFT as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can only say good things about them also - I love my DFT.:coffee1:

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have also had a good experience with DFT and Charlie. I ordered my DFT through Charlie and his instructions and phone assistance is unparalleled and made this conversion go as smooth as can be. I would recommend to anyone that wants to build it themselves not to hesitate to get a DFT. We've had it now for almost 7 months and are loving it. I did have a trunk leak after washing it once, but Charlie told me what to do and have not had anymore problems. :yes1:

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
hi, always glad to hear when an american co. provides great customer service, i keep a list of all that have been commented on, good or bad, dft will good on the good list, hope they continue to provide good service, if i ever want to try a trike they will be my 1st call, wish i could say the same about my Hannigan s/c,they just plain suck, no more hannigans in my future, thanks for the post praising dft, more people should post on the good or bad treatment they recieve from stealers as it might just save a lot of aggravation.
HAVE A GREAT REST OF YOUR LIFE
MIKE
I'm still curious as to why Hannigan would not sell you a part unless you visit the factory...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts