GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new J&M mic and a new honda CB. I can receive Rx, but not sure I am Tx , transmitting. The info window says Tx when I push to talk
but I have yet to get a response from anyone.
I am in Dallas and was wondering if anyone in the area would try their mic in my system to help me trouble shoot ?
Thanks in advance
Dale

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am located in the Colleyville area and would be glad to help you figure out the problem. Feel free to give me a call on the cell (817) 528-4997 or if you miss me call my brother Paul Smith (817) 975-6789. We are around here most all the time, unless of course I get lucky and get to ride!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Barcarocket,

Try your intercom to prove your mic audio. You should be able to hear your own voice in your headset.

Make sure that your intercom is ON and turned up to be able to hear it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses !

Rodney, I may give you a call closer to the weekend if I don't get this resolved before then.

Morph, I never thought of that. I tried it this AM, I couldn't hear my voice, but the mic is picking up, at least I could hear myself blowing into it on the intercom.

I have the honda antenna is there any adjustments that I am supposed to
make ?

I'm going to bike nite tonight in Sachse, there are usually a couple of wings there and they have CB's.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Couldn't hear your voice but could hear blowing into the mic ? Sounds to me like it IS the mic, a very low output from the mic or possibly an open on the ground side for the mic wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts