GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wishing to ride up to Harrison with our group be at the truck stop in Rockwall at 0730. This is exit 68, [email protected] 205. We will depart the truck stop at 0800 for New Boston then turning north on Hwy 8.

See y'all next Thursday!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
That's a week from Thursday, of course. In some parts of the world, NEXT Thursday means just that - but not here in Texas, no siree!

If anyone wants the route, I have it planned out for the Garmin GPS. Send me an email and I'll be glad to share it. Brian doesn't need it because he doesn't need any $450 machine to get lost.

Mesquite Bob

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
You guys go on without me. I can't get that fer down the country that early.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have a couple of things to clean up on my plate and maybe.... just maybe I will be going with. Is there anymore rooms??? I will know if I'm going by Friday.

Mesquite Bob- You aren't planning on any hail are you?? You & Shooter bloodied up my lip once this year. :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hail no!!! I blame that all on Shooter - not my fault, I didn't want to leave then, anyway. Well, guess I'd better take my licks on this one - I was as eager to head out and ignore the weather reports as the next person. That is one ride I would just as soon forget. Lesson learned - if I EVER run into weather like that (heavy rain, hail, lightning and attendant thunder), I WILL find a place to stay until it is over.

But nothing like that predicted for this ride. Last I heard possibility of light showers on Thursday and clear the rest of the time. But who knows - they can't get the forecast right for tomorrow, say anything about seven days in advance.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
118 Posts
Man!! Wish I could go with yall but I just couldn't get my schedule arranged right. I love that northwest half of Arkansas and will miss seeing all of you! Ride safely ans tell 'em I said Howdy!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
This just ain't right, Dick. Won't be a real gathering without you and the missus, my friend. Guess we'll have to wait until Kerville, huh?

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I've be cleared to go... :)

I guess I'm leaving from South Arlington Thursday morning around 6 AM to meet up with you guys in Rockwell.

:biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great! I'll be fun to ride with ya again. Looks like we're going to have a good little group going up this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts