GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a little ride (175 miles) today from Flower Mound up to Krum (2449 and 156), Forestburg (455) and then Valley View (922) (then the same route back). They have recently completed the repaving of 1173, 455 and some parts of 922. FM 455 was smooth as silk. It's a good road (for around here anyway) with some nice curves and elevation changes.

just thought I'd let you know if you hadn't been out that way lately.

Later,

Mark

·
Registered
298 Posts
Next time when you get to Forestburg take 677 north through Saint Jo to 373 then back to 922, some nice scenery.

Billy

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was out there a couple weeks ago and it was super smooth. I have regularly rode 455 in the past until the construction. We also came back across 922 and I was even more happy they had finished it. With all the heat we had this summer, some of these FM roads are flat out dangerous on the right side of the roadway. Look at this pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next time when you get to Forestburg take 677 north through Saint Jo to 373 then back to 922, some nice scenery.

Billy
Been up that way quite a few times. Man they have put up a lot of wind turbines.

Mark

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Jokerguy and I were out that way last weekend.. Took a wrong turn out of Ponder and enjoyed the natural view of a number of gas fields, creeks, hard packed roads, and some of the BIGGEST damn Angus beef on the hoof I've seen in a long time.. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts