GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get it straight in my head which way to go with the damping adjustment on the Progressive shock. We have a lot of nasty frost heaves on most of our roads right now.

The bike is riding great over normal bumps and even some pretty severe dips, but on frost heaves, the bike acts like a bucking bronco. It's not as bad as the OEM shock, but I know it can be better.

My thinking was to lower the preload, and increase the damping, but that appears to be having the opposite effect.

I have temporarily misplaced my Progressive instructions, but I thought I remembered it saying to turn the adjustment in, (clockwise) to increase the damping. Is that correct?

Any thoughts on this adjustment would be appreciated.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I'm trying to get it straight in my head which way to go with the damping adjustment on the Progressive shock. We have a lot of nasty frost heaves on most of our roads right now.

The bike is riding great over normal bumps and even some pretty severe dips, but on frost heaves, the bike acts like a bucking bronco. It's not as bad as the OEM shock, but I know it can be better.

My thinking was to lower the preload, and increase the damping, but that appears to be having the opposite effect.

I have temporarily misplaced my Progressive instructions, but I thought I remembered it saying to turn the adjustment in, (clockwise) to increase the damping. Is that correct?

Any thoughts on this adjustment would be appreciated.
Larry..To tighten up the dampening you turn the tool to the right.(Making it stiffer)
To soften the dampening you turn to the left..(Making it softer)

PM me and I'll give you my phone number,if you have any other questions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts