GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got permission from Bill Pearlman on the gl1800.org board to add the following to my post on rider comfort. I am guessing that anyone wanting a seat this size could copy these pictures and give them Bill's name and they could probably produce something like it for you.

Here's the exerpt:

And finally, here are a couple of pictures of Bill Pearlman's bike with a Diamond Seat. Bill is 6'5" and wears a 38" inseam. He had Diamond do a lot of extra work to get his seat the way he wanted it. You can see how much higher it is and note that he does not use pegs and his feet go straight to the driver's boards. Here is what he says:

"Mike at Diamond has made me 3 other seats but the GL1800 is more challenging comfort-wise than my other bikes have been. It took him 3 tries on this seat but has created a true engineering wonder.
I'm tall and thick-built (6'5" & 270 lbs). He created the most supportive seat I've ever seen.
If you have special needs or even are an "off the rack" size, give him a call: (800)722-9995. They'll build a great seat and back it up.
And, no, I don't get any kick-backs from them. I just really believe in their product and have had very bad experiences with other seat companies."

Anyone, tall or small, 1800, 1500 or Valkyrie who wants to see the whole post now titled "Increase Your Riding Comfort" it's very long with pictures.

Dan

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'll second the endorsement for Diamond seats. They are great people to work with, the price is fair, and they seem to really care about the results.

I was amazed at the different foam densities. I'm heavy, (290 Lbs), my seat is hard as concrete, but still comfortable after riding all day! My wife's is much softer foam, as well as lower and narrower, and she says it is still comfortable after riding all day too. :D

My wife liked her stock seat with Utopia backrest, and wasn't sure she even wanted a custom seat, until she put up with me raving about mine for a while. She now says that I couldn't PAY her enough to ride with the stock seat anymore! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts