GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my first Ironbutt on Friday, 1027 miles in 17 hours, the only thing is I did it in my company van and not my GoldWing. Still, that's a long drive/ride. I don't think I could do it on my Goldwing alone, I would have to have someone to ride and talk with. The furthest I have ridden so far in a 24 hour period is just over 700 miles and that was on my Ultra Classic. I plan on doing an Ironbutt sometime before summer.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
That is a 60 MPH average without any stops for gas or relief :wink: Congrats, good job. I know I could not do that or even want to try it. You must have had one important appointment or promise :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
816 Posts
both

My experience is that the bike is easier. In the car it is too easy to become distracted, sleepy, etc. On the bike you are more active and involved, the sights, smells, and other stimuli help.

·
Registered
547 Posts
When I made the ride mentioned in my sig line below, I found the XM radio and my GPS to be terrific companions. I agree it's easier on a bike than in a car or truck.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
On the bike it hurts more when you doze off and hit the handle bars with your face :lol:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Jeff,

You are just spoiled !!

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
when i did the ride in my sig. line my best friend was my full traxxion set up !!!!

falling asleep was not possible even for a second,lol

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Jeff in Ferndale WA said:
I did my SS1K with my wife with me.I liked having her along to talk to and hand me a snack if I was hungry.

Me too! :lol:snacks and a conversation that is....
Havn't done a 1k yet, But I'm workin on it........ :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts