GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how about discounts? t-shirts? best i could do was 5% off any accessories for next 30 days.....big WHOOP I thought

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I got about $600 worth of freebies.

A set of Kury 4050 highway pegs, a trunk rack, deluxe trunk mat set, some misc. chrome farkels, some oil, an oil filter, a passenger volume control, and a half cover to use while travelling.
...Oh yeah, I guess that I should mention that it was a dealer demo unit. :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
When I bought my 2001, I had the CB, CD and the trunk spoiler installed before I picked up the bike. The dealer gave me 25% off the price of the accessories and installed them for nothing. Quite a savings for me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Tank of gas and an oil filter. He did meet a price from a California dealer though, so I don't feel too bad about that.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
When I looked at the 02, and he said that I could test ride it, my SO and I needed helmets. They had some used ones on the shelf to use. He gave the SO the one that she had used, I got a window sticker, full tank of gas, and 20% off a helmet when I was ready to buy one, which was this year.

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
I paid $2,000 over suggested list for my 1800. The dealer was so good to me he gave me $1,500 in free accessories! LOL...

Same deal with my Harley dealer. I pay "over" retail for my Harleys and he gives me two free T-Shirts with each bike. Of course these shirts have his advertising on the back! :D

Nothing is free! That "free" stuff is paid for by the consumer. I think the best you can hope for is to actually get what you paid for and good service in the future!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
my dealer gave me add ons at cost and installed them free at the time of the sale.

i beat them up pretty hard on a price match for the bike.

i thought it was unreal that they did that much for me.

as far as after the day of the sale

its full price and full cost installs

loren

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Sure did

A tank of gas and a jar of vaseline ! :24shocked:
I don't have a very good dealer.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Re: Sure did

Mike L said:
A tank of gas and a jar of vaseline ! :24shocked:
I don't have a very good dealer.
thats funny for me to hear

i ran out of gas about 4 miles from the dealership on my way home

they said they didnt have a pump and that they put a gallon in, so gas up soon.

soon should have been right now. as i was walking down the freeway ramp to get some gas. that new orange wing sure looked good parked on the side of the road.

so i got a cup full of gas

loren

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got a free tank of gas, I always ask for that with bike and car purchases, it's a tradition :wink:

I got 20% off of all accessories purchased at the time of the bike purchase with free installation (that was a great deal).

I had them install:

Kury Luggage rack
Honda chrome cowel
Fog lights
Chrome molding
GL1800 Spoiler

I also got a 10% discount on all future part accessory purchases.

-David

·
Registered
264 Posts
I got a free tank of gas, I always ask for that with bike and car purchases, it's a tradition
We must be related somewhere down the line, my Dad always taught me to never leave the dealership after any vehicle purchase without the free tank of gas!

·
Registered
979 Posts
gas

I cant complain I got a full tank of gas and 25% off parts and accessories for life of the bike,but Hals prices are usually better anyway, but the wing was full of fuel and all fluids full. No complaints from me I visit the dealer as little as possible after the sale anyway. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
846 Posts
David West said:
I got a free tank of gas, I always ask for that with bike and car purchases, it's a tradition :wink:

-David
A free tank of gas. I never ask for it since it always seems to be included. I can even recall picking up a 1981 Buick Skylark and it had a full tank. Who doesn't fill up the tank with a new vehicle purchase? Or was this a joke?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I paid $18000. out the door for my '03, that included California's sales tax, highway robbery licence fees, any fees from Honda such as transportation, doc fees, etc. They filled the tank, and I got 20% off of the accessories I purchased there. I purchased the CB, CD changer, truck rack, and fog lights before I left the showroom. On the plus side, I've got a dealer that has worked hard to make me as happy as possible with the frame recall and ecm "update" fiascos. Their mechanics are careful, all the parts that were on the bike when it went in are on it when I get it back, they even cleaned and polished all the chrome, including the mufflers, when it went in for the frame weld. I know I could have bought the bike for a few dollars less, but those few dollars wouldn't have bought the service I get from them. I'm happy.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I paid $16,500 out the door (sales tax, license fees, Honda charges, etc.) and got a tank of gas and a swift kick in the seat of the pants going out that same door.

Later, when I was disgusted with the dealer, he offered 20% on all accessories, I laughed at him and haven't been back.

Paul H.

·
Registered
816 Posts
freebies

I have purchased 3 bikes from my dealer. First two I didn't feel that I got a great price but the wing I was very happy with. Now they have some of the best pricing I've seen anywhere. They post the price on every bike and usually it's a little or no negotiation deal. They move a ton of bikes.

With the wing I got a good discount on parts with no time limit. I've done a lot of checking, and it takes a heck of a sale to do better than the dealer with the discount he gives me.

I'm happy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts