GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are on vacation in South Dakota after going to Glacier and Yellowstone for the last 2 1/2 weeks. The intercom in my helmet went out while we were in Yellowstone and I sure miss it. I could hear the BikeMP3 player but not the wife. I ordered a new J&M headset from Directline to be shipped overnight here to Spearfish. They called and said that I would have the headset Friday. With the J&M you have to also order the lower cord. I recieved the headset Friday but the lower cord was not in the box. I must say that I was more than a little put out. We are leaving here for Texas early Monday morning and I could see a fight coming over the missing cord. So I sent the guys at Directline a nasty E-mail, because they were closed for the week-end and I could not get them on the phone.:shock::shock:

But wait .... The lower cord came today with Saturday delivery at NO extra cost to me. So now I must thank the guys at Directline for going the extra mile for me. This sure makes them my 'go to guys'!!!:bow::bow::bow::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Directline

P.S. This has been a once in a life time vacation and to top things off, my Canon DSLR went out with a Err99 code, which on line they say is the Mother of Err codes for the Canon camera..

·
Vendor
18,702 Posts
Shame on them for not setting an expectation. At least you got it. All they would have had to do was tell you to expect 2 shipments ... one for Fri, one for Sat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Some would say yes you goofed. You could hear the MP3 and not her and you wanted to fix that. I wouldnt say that, I wouldnt even think that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing that made me feel uncomfortable was. I keeped look at the Directline's order information page of my account and all it shows is "In Process", so I had no idea if the parts were even shipped or not. I just looked and it still says "In Process" Hal please find a way to update the 'order information page'. Why have it if your are not going to use it???:shrug:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Try taking the battery out of the Canon, then take the lens off and clean the contacts with an eraser. If that don't fix it, time to send it in......

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try taking the battery out of the Canon, then take the lens off and clean the contacts with an eraser. If that don't fix it, time to send it in......

Tried all that....... NO GO.
Royal Camera Service says it will cost $159 to repair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts