GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ... my son just bought a new Triumph Thunderbird Storm ... great bike. My "much" better half told me I should look for a deal ... no really ... she did. She said it would be my birthday and father's day gift ... for the rest of my life ... :nojoke: ... I was piloting an 06 1800C ... a real fire breather. I had Roadhouse pipes and all the normal goodies and I really liked it. I needed a new exhaust gasket so I rode to the dealer and there it was ... a Hot Rod Yellow GL1800 ... stickered as a left over at $18k. They made me a great offer on the VTX and the next thing I knew the exhaust gasket was their problem.

Anyhoo .... my son says I got an old man's ride now .... maybe I should let him ride it ..... nah ... he's too young.:shrug:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Tell him you'll race him...to California and back. Least amount of Ibuprofen taken, wins.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Look up Trailsman and see his signature! He explains it! :thumbup:

Oh, and congrats on the new bike!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You're old when you start thinking about adding deer whistles.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
And you got the fastest color ;) OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
45 Posts
Old?

Experience and treachery always win out over youth and exuberance. Especially if I tell the young punk Son he is our of the will if he beats me.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Don't be downtrodding 'dem deer whistles! I've got 'em. Deer don't like 'em. Bike stays upright and on the road.

Done.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Neon,

I ride with a group of basically cruisers. When I showed up for a ride on the Wing (which I was leadin') I got the "Old Wing" comments. I said it aint Old unless you ride it that way. As we road I got more comments like "do you want to start yours first so you know its running?". At a gas stop right before we headed up to Tuggles Gap on the BRP I told them that we would be having lunch at the top so if I happen to lose them going up the twisties, that is were they would find me. I ran that hill in 5th all the way and lost them on the third curve. Plus I was 2 up. Got off the Wing my wife was combing out her hair and I lite one and leaned onto the seat as the gang rolled up. There has been no further comments that are of a negative flavor.
So just remember you aint Old till you ride that way.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Old ain't that bad.......you get discounts at Dunkin Donuts etc...leaves more $$ for gas money.....

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Here's an easy response for the boy:

"Good. Then I won't have to worry about you asking for the keys."

I've never enjoyed ANY motorcycle as much as I've enjoyed this wing -- and I wasn't yet 50 when I bought it.

Ride what you love, love what you ride.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
When I was 15 my dad didn't know anything. When I was 21 it was amazing how much he had learned in 6 years. Same theory applies here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts