GL1800Riders Forums banner

Did the Turn Signal Cancel = DISP Button mod with a surprise

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  KJ5IX 
#1 ·
Well, it was 40° today so I did a little work before I went on a two hour ride.

I did the Turn Signal Cancel = DISP Button mod that was detailed in this thread by dusty74. Works great and a great idea! But, I discovered something that I was not aware of before. If you press the DISP button on your meter panel you get the current ambient temperature. BUT, if you press it again while the temp is still showing, you get a display of your REAR SHOCK SETTING! I did not know that was there after seven years riding this bike! COOL! Double click for your shock setting..... and now I can do it with the signal cancel button!

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm lost.... you never read this in the manual or try the button before?:shrug:

As far as I know, that's ALL this button does....

Am I wrong?
That's all it does and of course I've tried the button, but now my turn signal switch also does it so I don't have to let go of the bars. Just a thumb :yes1: push to see the temp. And, nope, I never "double clicked" it before.

#7 ·
#8 ·
On my Wing, if you push the button again while it is displaying the shock setting, it will also show you the headlight setting.
Isn't that where the secret "Auto-Start" feature is programed????

My favorite acronym.... RTFM! Lordy! :lol:

#10 ·
I think every year has had that feature. My salesman was the one who showed me at delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.