GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Did I miss something or does that bike not have brakes? Maybe that explains why all the pictures just show him sitting there and not riding. Wait a minute. It has Flinstone brakes.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
you all missed the point

its a v twin

and he is wearing a black costume

therefore hes really cool

i watch the biker build off once in a while

recently one of the experts had his bike burst into flames when the tank leaked

then last year another clown had his asssssss catch fire from pipes right under the seat

but they were v twins and they did have black t shirts, so therefore very cool

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I think from an artistic viewpoint, that is about the most gorgeous bike I have ever seen. What exquisite workmanship, not only in the chrome and brass but also in the drop dead beautiful black paint job. It has taken the "minimulist" stance to the extreme. That headlight fits in perfectly to the style of the bike. This is one case where form does NOT follow function, but oh baby, what a beautiful form indeed!
:excited:
:clap2:

Now from the point of view of riding that thing, I think it can be done, but not safely. The steering radius has to be HUGE, so getting it started would be most unsettling. As far as brakes go, the front has none and it looks like the rear is braked via the transmission (foot operated lever on the left side, up and to the rear of the foot peg). The transmission appears to be shifted with the vertical lever, again on the left side.

Would I want to ride it? Not really. That thing belongs in a museum, not on the road. It would be a hazard to both the rider and the rest of the people in the immediate area IMHO.
:22yikes:
:eek:
:crew:

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
loren said:
you all missed the point

its a v twin

and he is wearing a black costume

therefore hes really cool

i watch the biker build off once in a while

recently one of the experts had his bike burst into flames when the tank leaked

then last year another clown had his asssssss catch fire from pipes right under the seat

but they were v twins and they did have black t shirts, so therefore very cool
It looks to steer from the rear, and the rear sproket is a front sprocket that pulls?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'd say anyone who knocks this ride because it is a V-Twin really is very narrow minded. The point, I believe is that this took first place in a "Custom" Bike show. I don't particularly like it from a show bike standpoint but I'd say the guy who designed and built it is an artistic genius.

I love the light, and the chrome looks immaculate. Talk about a ridgid frame though......arghhhhh...my back aches just looking at it.

I hope he doesn't try to ride it wearing those tails....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
How about this........

Anyone who has an extremely critical opinion of what is obviously intended as a strictly show bike should just show us all the pictures of the last show bike THEY built? Let's take a look at your artistic talent and we can judge how you turned metal and rubber into a vision of magic. Otherwise I feel that machine is fantastic. Oddly it was Sochiro Honda's vision of what a motorcycle should be that ended up producing a corporation that gives us our GoldWings? Hasn't it always been the visionary's pulling away from the masses that made model T's and light bulbs?

COOL BIKE THANKS FOR THE PICS,
Denny

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Its usually the small minded folks who have no idea of what it takes to build a machine like this.... that criticize..

cosmic

·
Registered
323 Posts
Certainly not my cup of tea but my hat is off to him for having the vision and also the ability to follow it through. Beautiful work.

A

·
0 Posts
That has to be the coolest piece of motorcycle art I have ever seen. For once, someone followed his mind and built a bike that looks like a work of art, not just another chopper with some farkles bolted on.

Kudos to the artist. I would love to have a model of this bike just to put on a shelf and admire once in a while. I like the headlight setup the best.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
It is probably a technological marvel and certainly to many a work of art. (Beauty is in the eye...).

To me it still resembles what I imagine Dr Seuss might produce the day after an all you can eat cabbage and oppossum buffet.

I'll keep my comments focused on the topic and try to refrain from critiquing others' posts/opinions.

I've seen some beautiful customs lately, this isn't one of them. The workmanship on the other hand is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Sid Moen said:
It looks like Dr. Seuss took a dump. :(
:lol: That was a good one! I needed a good laugh after today.

The bike doesnt look comfortable at all as far as riding position...looks like a squat.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Guys like that have amazing talent. To me Paul Sr. and the boys just build the same bikes over and over and they are always down to the wire. I personally like Jesse Rooks bikes ( not to ride or buy ) but his all look the same too.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I guess I may be in the minority here. But, I think that bike is one of the ugliest rides I have every seen. Sorry guys. UGLY!!!!! BTW, I don't have a clue, or care, how much technical expertise or talent it takes to build one of these rigs. I just don't like the looks of it. JMHO

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Looks like something Johnny Depp should have been riding in Edward Scissorhands. :lol:

Artistically, its beautiful. Mechanically it sucks. JMHO

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Reminds me of something Count Olaf would ride in "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sid Moen, I do agree with you it looks like something out of Dr. Suess.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts