GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of of you folks ridden the new Adventure versa the Spyder or the New Fastback kit. Someone had the nerve to run into my Spyder and take off without even leaving a note any input from those who have would be a help. Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would go with the solid axle with the air shocks and the built in air compressor. It will let you change it on the go. The solid axle does not have all the moving parts to worry about. I have had two solid axles and just love them. The most important thing is get a very good installer, even if you have to travel a few hundred miles. I found out this the hard way. Good luck ride them all i feel my solid axle rides just as good as the independant ,maybe a little bit better. My passenger likes the solid better also. Out of all the trikes that i have come across over the years broke down there was a problem with the joints in the a frame usually the rubber boots fail.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the solid axel that I've ridden 66000 miles someone ran into so I'm just trying to get info on the IRS trike that Motortrike came out as far as ride goes compared to the solid axel I love the ride but I'm just looking at options as far as replacing my kit

·
Registered
737 Posts
In a nut shell the IRS will give you a better ride in town but there is very little difference on the road. If any I'd say the IRS again is smoother.

I keep my suspension pretty tight so I've never experienced the soft mushy feeling some say they get in corners. The trunk on the Adventure kit is HUGE. Way better then any I've seen.

Is it worth the extra cash? Is it the kit for you? I'd say get your butt on one and ride it. Since you have plenty of experience on the solid axle version and you are the one that must be happy then you need that hands (butt) on experience.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm going to find out for myself I'm getting ready to order the new Adventure kit so ill be going from a 2008 Motortrike Spyder to a 2011 Adventure same old Wing just different Kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts