GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Are there any other front fender options for a 2008 GL1800 than the stock? I had mine off lately and sort of liked the look. Going on line to look into options, I found none. Anyone know where I could maybe find something more minimal?

BTW, the file uploader function on this forum sux. Always has.

Attachments

Reactions: cycledude

·
Vendor
17,780 Posts
The only other fender options, that I know of, are the ones made in China. Those ones come without matching paint, making the OEM painted ones from Honda a real bargain.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Don't know of any aftermarket fenders...but I can say, you wouldn't believe the amount of road spray that comes up through the fairing when the rear section of the front fender is missing!!B.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
goldwing

In some states you are required to have fenders on both wheels. Oregon being one of them. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it, but the law is on the books.

As tourit stated, the first time in a rainstorm will dissuade you from running without a fender.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In some states you are required to have fenders on both wheels. Oregon being one of them. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for it, but the law is on the books.

As tourit stated, the first time in a rainstorm will dissuade you from running without a fender.

Rayjoe
Yeah, I never said "no fender" but I appreciate the observation. I was thinking of something closer to a dirt bike fender and less like the OEM total enclosure in tupperware. Sounds like there is no such thing out there anyway.

Reactions: kwthom

·
Registered
926 Posts
If anyone can remember the name....there is someone on the board from Alaska who ran a relocated front fender and studded tires on their wing. I know there are some pics around here somewhere. That may help(?) with your search. B.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The Dark Princess had an interesting custom front fender. I actually think the whole bike looked great.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If anyone can remember the name....there is someone on the board from Alaska who ran a relocated front fender and studded tires on their wing. I know there are some pics around here somewhere. That may help(?) with your search. B.

I think you are referring to AKLDRIDER!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts