GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
Coming up there in four weeks and would love to know where two great places to eat dinner in Ashville would be.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
I've always enjoyed The Grove Park Inn's restaurants. A couple have really nice views of Asheville and the mountains. Expensive.

Also, many folks rave about 12 Bones. I haven't eaten there so I can't personally recommend it.

Probably my favorite place to eat in Asheville is Ianucci's Pizzeria and Italian Restaurant at 1981 Hendersonville Road (US 25) south of I-40. It's been there a long time. The food is good and the atmosphere is nice. Great place to take family or friends. Reasonable prices.

There are so many good places it's hard to decide. Enjoy!

Gastronimize safely.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let me rephrase this. A local icon of a place to eat. not a chain.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Grove Park Inn but take your credit card

·
Registered
238 Posts
12 bones smokehouse is the best place for ribs.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Grove Park Inn but take your credit card

Snoop,

I was hoping you'd give me YOUR credit card!!

Spend OPM safely.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Grove Park Inn is an experience if you can afford it. Great pizza and stuff downtown at Mellow Mushroom. I don't think 12 Bones is all that people say, I've been there several times and don't think I'll go back.
I guess it depends on what type of food your looking for and what your wallet can afford. Feel free PM me and I'll give you my tele#, that way we can talk about it.
There are many good resturants in Asheville and a few here in Waynesville(20miles west) on I-40.
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Can't go wrong at the Moose Cafe but My first pick would be Apollo Flame Bistro. The one off Hwy 25 is the best near Biltmore is the best and the prices are great to.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Oh yea forgot about the Fiddlin Pig over on Tunnel Rd. Good food and local fiddlin after 7 most nights.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
On rt. 25 south there is Frankie Bones, not to be confused with 12 bones. Great food and atmosphere. Frankie Bones is not far from Ianuccie's Italian, which is another great choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts