GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been decided that Wednesday evening November 15th will be the date for board members to get together in the Seattle area. The place is yet to be determined, but should be posted here soon. I have suggested a time of 6:30 to gather with dinner at 7. Somebody local please pick a central location with pricing affordable for all.

I look forawrd to meeting my Northwest board friends. Hope you can all attend. (at least I hope somebody will attend)

So you can recognize me.....

JLK

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gordon's on the Green is fine with me, if it is okay with everyone else. It is difficult for me to know what is most convenient for everybody. I have only been to Seattle three or four times.
I want this to be as easy on people as possible

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Jan,it looks like I won't be going to Seattle until Thursday so will miss you.

One suggestion,GWRRA Chapter A has a dinner social every Wednesday at 6:00 pm.Board member TKBowman is the chapter director,and he could tell you where this week's will be held.Maybe that would be the place for you guys to meet?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jan,

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Rich, Handsome, Chick magnet, Jet setter and a real nice guy.

Have a great trip. We never have any get togethers here on the East Coast!

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bulldog said:
Jan,

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.

Rich, Handsome, Chick magnet, Jet setter and a real nice guy.

Have a great trip. We never have any get togethers here on the East Coast!

Bulldog
If you eat all of your vegetables, you can be anything you want.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jeff in Ferndale WA said:
Jan,it looks like I won't be going to Seattle until Thursday so will miss you.

One suggestion,GWRRA Chapter A has a dinner social every Wednesday at 6:00 pm.Board member TKBowman is the chapter director,and he could tell you where this week's will be held.Maybe that would be the place for you guys to meet?
The dinner idea isn't going very far. People are pretty busy and Seattle is a big area.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Jan,
I would still be interested in meeting for dinner unless you have other things or people to visit. I don't want to tie up your time if it can be better spent. I would have no hard feelings if you choose not to. I'm sure surprised there are not more people jumping on the opportunity to meet. You East Coast guys sure know how to make a get together happen. I'll PM you my work and cell #'s in case you need to get ahold of me. Thanks Jan. Scott

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Jan:

I'd like to do dinner and a Tukwila location would be difficult for anyone who's not south of downtown to get to as the traffic is horrible coming south through the city or on 405. Don't ask me how I know.

As far as the GWRRA WA-A Wednesday dinner goes, I've been hesitant to suggest it; but this week's dinner will be held at the Genghis Khan Mongolian Grill in Federal Way (314th and Pacific Highway which is another 12 miles south of Tukwila) at 6pm on Wednesday night. It's a great buffet and we have anywhere from 10 to 25 people show up.

I work in the Sand Point neighborhood and a University District location might work as a Central Location or we could meet at the XXX Rootbeer Drive-In in Issaquah which is relatively easy to reach.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
TKBowman,
XXX in Issaquah is fine with me, as I live in North Bend. Federal Way is too much of a PIA for my travel. I was trying to make it as easy as possible for Jan. I just don't see too many others that are going to show at this point.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm confused with all these Indian names. So, what is the consensus?

I am eager to meet you guys, and it will not interfere with any of my plans. The Issaquah location is fine with me. I don't know one place from the other. Lets make it Issaquah, the Root Beer drive Inn. Is that okay with others. 6:30 pm :chef3:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Here's the details for the XXX:

XXX Drive-In
98 NE Gilman Blvd
Issaquah, WA 98027 - 2529
(425) 392-1266

GPS Coordinates: N47 32.258 W122 02.090 Elevation 108 Feet.

Coming east or west on I90, take the Front Street Exit and head south one block; you can't miss the large XXX Rootbeer barrel.

Our GWRRA WA-A chapter meets there every Wednesday night during the summer. You'll love the memorabilia.

I'll try to make it.

Tim

1 - 20 of 34 Posts