GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purcahsed the Direct Lift that appeared in the last issue of Wing World. If so would you give a report on how you like it. TIA

·
Registered
605 Posts
I bought one last week and I just LOVE it. The operation is very smooth. My friend has a Handy lift which is almost identical and while it is also a good lift it is much more expensive. One thing to remember is that it weighs 600 lbs. If you know someone that has a docking facility or someone who has a buisiness with a fork it would be very helpful. Also the shipping would cost quite a bit less. Believe me you will enjoy it...

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Rackets,

I have the Handy Lift. I use it for the bike of course, but also the mowers, John Deere tractor, as a workbench etc.

Here is another link to a very good company.

http://gregsmithequipment.com/ourcompany.html

I don't even want to tell you what I paid for the Handy Lift.

That is Jazzy Jeff with his bike on my lift.

Bulldog

·
Registered
605 Posts
Rackets..

One more thing I forgot to mention. I good friend of mine has the same lift and he cut a hole in his garage slab to allow the lift to be placed at floor level. You need to place some steel angles in the recess to allow for the lift to always return to the same spot. This allows you to very easily place your bike on the lift and lets you load without the side rails. My legs are long enough so that I can drive on with the help of the side boards but in the spring I plan to use his idea.

Bulldog may have some more pointers on the use he has had one for longer than I have. By the way, Bulldog thanks for the heads up for Direct lift :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts