GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having continuous intermittant issues with my TPMS light on my 2010 I am considering installing the Doran 360M system. Is there a way to disable the TPMS light so it is not glowing in my face? Rather not use the "black tape" method if possible. Is there actual bulbs or are the lamps part of the instrument panel? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Check out my post on Disabling the Honda TPMS on the "How To, Step-by-Step" forum. :thumbup:

After having continuous intermittant issues with my TPMS light on my 2010 I am considering installing the Doran 360M system. Is there a way to disable the TPMS light so it is not glowing in my face? Rather not use the "black tape" method if possible. Is there actual bulbs or are the lamps part of the instrument panel? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Is it still not under warranty?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Most likely the trouble your having is the internal Battery (part of the internal valve stem) is failing - Option is to replace them next tire change / or remove them and send them to Fred H and he will replace them - Neat trick is to deflate the tire - using a large C Clamp and a small block of wood Collapse the tire (with the clamp) by the valve stem exposing the Part and remove it without un mounting the tire or removing it from the bike.

Your Battery's are possible 5 yrs old and have lived there life

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it is still under warranty but after going by my local Honda dealer I was not to confident on their abilities. They acted like they did not know anything about the TPMS and said they did not have the tools to re-calibrate them. Would rather them not touch my bike. I also like the idea of being able to see actual tire pressure readings.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I would like to do the same

·
Registered
757 Posts
I would place a small toggle switch in the circuit shown above.

Red, is there any way I could get a copy of that photo in higher resolution?

Thank you sir! :bow:
me too

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I am getting spoiled by the Doran system I installed on my 2012
The Doran allows me to read pressure the easy way. If a tire blows with the Honda system you need to guess which tire did you in :shrug:.
Just think how great the Honda GPS could have been improved with the money Honda spent on their tire pressure monitoring system joke (like adding "Do not recalculate a custom route" and the ability to enter a point by "Coordinates" to the GPS). Honda, what were you thinking :cry::shock::nojoke:.
Even a hinged arm that is activated by a button when I pass a HOG would have made more sense than their tire joke :lol:.

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
I would place a small toggle switch in the circuit shown above.

Red, is there any way I could get a copy of that photo in higher resolution?

Thank you sir! :bow:
Sorry, that's all I got! Honda service manual might have a good pic.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Here is the TPMS wiring diagram page from the '09 service manual with my modifications included. Note the three difference configurations you can have depending on how you ground the wires.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Do you have to do anything to the system if you change wheels. I have changed my rear wheel and now the system trouble light stays on all the time. Do I have to reprogram it to recognize the new wheel?

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
JPWPAR I have the reprogram unit I will loan out. easy to reprogram just need a good air compressor you have to inflate the tire to around 55 psi to put the units in program mode

·
Registered
172 Posts
So the white yellow wire form the receiver goes to the ground wire and that's it? Also, how easy is it to get to the receiver on the 2013 models?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts