GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question here for anyone that has the J&M BT04 Bluetooth headset. Have you had any charging issues? I used to think that J&M made good quality products but I'm not so sure they do anymore, maybe a lot of their products are made in China now, I know their Rokker amplifier is. I'll attach a short video to show you what mine is doing and this is now the second one I've had, both with identical issues, in fact I sent the original BT04 back for repairs and it took 6 weeks to get a replacement that does exactly the same thing. J&M usually stand behind their products but this will be the second return at MY COST and it's not cheap mailing from Canada. Originally they wanted me to send the whole helmet and all which would have probably cost me closed to $100. I refused to do that so they finally relented and explained how to get their headset out of the helmet which was easy, peasey.

Please, I'm not asking what kind of headset you have or think is better, I'm only interested in others success or lack thereof with the BT04.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
RRIXX, I have 3 of the BT-04 headsets & none of them do that? No issues charging & they have all worked flawlessly for almost 2 years now! J&M products ARE great & their service is first class! It appears the cord is not seated properly. It is a very tight fit & should not move at all if pushed in all the way!!
Sorry to hear a fellow Canuck is having issues!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Are you sure the cord end is seated all the way into the headset? I just tried that with a couple BT04 headsets I have and they won't wiggle at all. Mine are 2 1/2 years old and they don't move or blink. It takes a pretty firm, but gentle push to seat the connector on the cords into the headset connector. I would never pull on the cords either. I always grip the plug on the end to insert them or pull them out.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RRIXX, I have 3 of the BT-04 headsets & none of them do that? No issues charging & they have all worked flawlessly for almost 2 years now! J&M products ARE great & their service is first class! It appears the cord is not seated properly. It is a very tight fit & should not move at all if pushed in all the way!!
Sorry to hear a fellow Canuck is having issues!
One of the reasons I went with J&M was because of their quality products but my opinion has changed with this problem. The cord is seated correctly but you can actually feel a minor click inside the headset and it is identical to what my first one did. Upon talking to their techs back in June they admitted to me that it was a solder issue on 'some' of their headsets. I understand that stuff happens, my issue is the fact I have to pay to ship it back again and being a Canadian I'm sure you understand how slow Canada Post moves these days. It took 2 weeks after clearing Customs too get from Mississauga to Ottawa.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure the cord end is seated all the way into the headset? I just tried that with a couple BT04 headsets I have and they won't wiggle at all. Mine are 2 1/2 years old and they don't move or blink. It takes a pretty firm, but gentle push to seat the connector on the cords into the headset connector. I would never pull on the cords either. I always grip the plug on the end to insert them or pull them out.
Yes, it is seated correctly. The BT04 on my wife's helmet is fine, it too is a nice tight, firm connection, not so on mine.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
SENA

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
J&M is a company that you love or hate. You can have excellent service or terrible service. I had a noise filter catch fire on a bike and they would not warranty it. Ended up paying more for parts then I would have for a new CB.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine also wiggle when plugged in. When I plug it in and light comes on indicating that it is charging, sometimes when I set helmet down the charging light goes off and I have to wiggle plug in to get charging light to come back on.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I have two units which started out as the BT-03 and were converted to the 04, never had a problem with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts