GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year has been my worst year for riding. Arthritis acting up in my knees, blood clot in my leg. And that d&%n weather. Got something in the works to help make riding little easier on these old joints. Having my bike trikes. Hoping kit comes in in about 2-3 weeks. Test road a couple and now anxious to get mine done.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
This year has been my worst year for riding. Arthritis acting up in my knees, blood clot in my leg. And that d&%n weather. Got something in the works to help make riding little easier on these old joints. Having my bike trikes. Hoping kit comes in in about 2-3 weeks. Test road a couple and now anxious to get mine done.
I have joint issues for 5 years , mainly fingers and back . Started taking fish oil pills and they work unreal satisfying for me . My fingers and like I am 20 again. Sadly I am only turning 51, so I predict it's gonna be a long getting old ahead of me .

Reactions: ssncob

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like it's said, "getting older is heck". Maybe I should try the fish oil and see what happens.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you hate a fish oil taste and don't like to swallow those large pills, do like I do and get your fish oil the easy way. I take Barlean's Omega Swirl fish oil every morning. It works great.
You can get it in a number of flavors like, Lemon Zest and others. I can't taste the fish oil at all and look forward to my fish oil every morning.

·
Registered
175 Posts
May want to check this out also .....Health Benefits of Glucosamine and Omega-3 -

·
Registered
679 Posts
I do triathlons. So far up to half distance (I'm 66) although likely back to Sprint distances next year. That keeps the weight off and with all the training (anywhere from 3 to 9 sessions a week), I can keep flexible.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Turmeric is also good for your joints and general health you can get it in pill form or powder if you get it in powder you have to mix it up with something as it pretty bitter :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Eat lots of RAW BUTTER not pasteurized butter. Not the same at all.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Life is never so bad it can't get worse...buck it up.

Like many riders as time goes by things a little tougher.
Not everybody ages the same and some people are effected to different degrees with different ailments and health issues.
Your able to continue enjoying riding albeit on a motor-trike version of the Wing.
Some look at the glass of life and say its 1/2 empty and some say its 1/2 full.
Me for instance I have some injuries and as a result I am unable to ride for any distance on a sports configured bike,
I wont bore you with details, but suffice to say its a mixed bag of multiple things.
But I do enjoy motorcycling and have selected some bikes I can ride with the best possible riding positions for me and offering the least amount of discomfort.
I do accept I can not ride as far or as long now compared to what I used to do and enjoy every moment along the way.
I must admit with my latest injuries I did sit and look at the wall for a time while recovering from multiple surgeries.
Its not really a good place to be.
At the end of the day its all how you look at things. 1/2 full or empty.

You have decided to go the trike route, and good on you. I hope you get many enjoyable rides with the new ride.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not one to sit and let aches and pains get to me. I tend to push thru it as best I can. However at times it does get me dragging. Got a couple of joints needing replaced and have no doubt it will have me back to feeling like I'm 48 again, pushing 65 now. Had folks ask me how I do it. I tell them you have to just keep going as best you can and don't quit.

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well today was the day. Took my bike down to Niehaus to have my road smith trike kit put on. Their trike installer has been doing it for 25 years. Right now he is working 3 days at dealership and 3 days helping on the family farm. We are figuring it being done next Thursday. We are ready to get as much riding in as we can this year.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I don't take any supplements but my Dad takes glucosamine and has done for years and he's 94 = works for him!

It's good you're riding your own ride, I wish you good riding on your trike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't take any supplements but my Dad takes glucosamine and has done for years and he's 94 = works for him!

It's good you're riding your own ride, I wish you good riding on your trike. :thumbup:
Thanks JW we're looking forward to riding the trike. When I went down and test road one I was sold.
My mom got me to try that glucosamine stuff and took it for about 6 months and didn't do anything for me. Hip replacement and sooner or later a knee too and lidacaine helps.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Well today was the day. Took my bike down to Niehaus to have my road smith trike kit put on. Their trike installer has been doing it for 25 years. Right now he is working 3 days at dealership and 3 days helping on the family farm. We are figuring it being done next Thursday. We are ready to get as much riding in as we can this year.
My bike is in the shop as we speak getting "roadsmith" converted now!
looking forward to a new adventure in my riding life....
O' I'm going to be 66 years old Oct 4th
Let the fun begin! :trike::trike::trike:

Ronnie

·
Registered
130 Posts
Try tart cherrie juice, suppose to help with pain in joints..helps my elbows , so I can keep working, I'm 56

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have joint issues for 5 years , mainly fingers and back . Started taking fish oil pills and they work unreal satisfying for me . My fingers and like I am 20 again. Sadly I am only turning 51, so I predict it's gonna be a long getting old ahead of me .

Mind saying what brand and dosage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts