GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Only 40 letters??? I don't remember seeing that go around the internet...I see lots of usless stuff go around.....

Hopefully the judge that rules on it in 2008 is not close to retirement.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Only 40 letters??? I don't remember seeing that go around the internet...I see lots of useless stuff go around.....

Hopefully the judge that rules on it in 2008 is not close to retirement.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
bad guy

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/f ... c_janklow/

No excuses. He killed a motorist and sought to say that a medical condition provided a way out of accepting responsibility. I also enjoy creeping above the speed limit, but my concern is always for the other riders/drivers/pedestrians around me that do not accept the risk.

And to think...he got his license back to practice law. I say fine for that, he can now start paying penalties to the family of the deceased.

Don't forget...James Dean said before he died..."I know he sees us...doesn't he see us?" NO THEY DON'T. :(

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
If anyone remembers .. because he was a senator OUR goverment paid his legal fees... another way politicals cover each others butt.. in Washington .. politicans make laws to benefit themselves..

cosmic

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
"SIS" is a common way to address overcrowding of the criminal justice system. It's often part of a plea bargain to clear cases and save tax dollars, but can be applied after conviction at the sentencing phase, as in this instance.

The difference here is the notoriety, not the offense or sentence. We get a false impression from news reports which is all most of us see. In truth, the handwringing we see at 6:00 pm every night about how "If convicted, poor misunderstood little Johnny could receive life in prison" translates into minimum sentence, credit for time served, good time and basically - How fast can we get this guy back into the community.

What's really sad is when SIS is ignored when the offender is arrested on subsequent offenses while still under the original court's jurisdiction. It happens all the time.

We're on our own. The government (we) can't protect any individual from Janklow or his ilk.

·
Registered
300 Posts
janklow

i think im going to get very sick right anout now!
politics sholuld be banned altogether. this is what they are all about
money money money money money money money,, wil get you anything anywhere,

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
It's America! Thats how it works :?: Love it or Leave It :roll:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just goes to show, that there will always be 2 sets of rules. One set for all of us in the real world, then the higher than mighty political A_ _holes. And he still gets all his goverment benefits. :cus:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
40 letters...pathetic (I never thought to do anything, obviously none of us did). Sad that the bigshots of the world watch out for each other...trust me if he was a "regular joe" he'd be sitting in the klink. And...lastly....

to quote the girlfriend...."Carrie Van ****, a friend of Scott's, said she hopes Janklow learned from his mistake.

"We have to be forgiving. It's not like he did it on purpose, like he woke up and said, 'I'm going to run a stop sign and kill somebody today,'" she said.
Scott is riding in Heaven....

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
If anyone remembers .. because he was a senator OUR goverment paid his legal fees... another way politicals cover each others butt.. in Washington .. politicans make laws to benefit themselves..
And the civil suit will be paid out of the taxapayers pockets... Yea, he learned his leason.. Carma is a funny thing though, I'm sure he'll reap his "rewards" for his deeds in other ways..

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
?

ScooterK said:
40 letters...pathetic (I never thought to do anything, obviously none of us did). Sad that the bigshots of the world watch out for each other...trust me if he was a "regular joe" he'd be sitting in the klink. And...lastly....

to quote the girlfriend...."Carrie Van ****, a friend of Scott's, said she hopes Janklow learned from his mistake.

"We have to be forgiving. It's not like he did it on purpose, like he woke up and said, 'I'm going to run a stop sign and kill somebody today,'" she said.
Scott is riding in Heaven....
To forgive is divine...I'm all for that. But what about paying for your crime like everyone else? The judge is probably on the list for the state Supreme Court.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Just to reiterate about our politicans political privileges... they even passed a law.. where as they can use info not available to the general public to buy either stock or land ..and its legal for them to profit greatly.. if we do so.. its insider trading and its a crime.. go figure..

cosmic

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I try to be fair. However, I have a son in the cemetary, and another who has been unable to breathe on his on for29 years, because of a criminal roaming the streets whose grandfather was the chairman of the democratic party in his state and prevented his license from being pulled.

My assumption, from what I remember about this legalized criminal, is that he will do this again. If so, I hope it is the biggest, heaviest, 18 wheeler on the road and not a bike, that is the other vehicle next time.

My feeling is that we should praise every heros in our government and cheer them on.

Every criminal in our government should be put away. It is, after all, OUR government. If we don't plan to monitor and influence our government, it will reach a level of corruptness that is a point of no return, like many countries we know of.

An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It always amazes me at how much our rep's in government can get away with, I believe the judge should be his cell mate, for one he// of a long time but we'll never see it. I'm a firm believer that these type's get there's in the end.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It seems as though all the F%#$ing polititions are above the law. They disgust me to no end. We need to clean house and a good place to start is in Congress and work it from there. Less gov't is what we/I need. :evil: 8)

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Re: janklow

jake4440 said:
i think im going to get very sick right anout now!
politics sholuld be banned altogether.
So..., you would prefer a dictatorship? Or, how about anarchy? yeah..., anarchy wouldbe OK..., yeah..., that's the ticket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts